Saosin - Translating The Name (A "Dark Mode" Theme Appreciation Thread)

• mitchard changed the title to Saosin - Translating The Name (A "Dark Mode" Theme Appreciation Thread)

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

That’s it. Not paying 30 bucks + intl shipping for a 5-song ep, I can listen anytime anywhere. This hobby is getting less and less appealing each day. 

You'd be amazed how many newbies in the New Vinyl Releases group on Facebook think $30-35 for a single LP is totally reasonable. I'm with you though, I've been pickier than ever. I'm trying to travel more and this hobby will hold me back from that if I'm not more selective.

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

You'd be amazed how many newbies in the New Vinyl Releases group on Facebook think $30-35 for a single LP is totally reasonable. I'm with you though, I've been pickier than ever. I'm trying to travel more and this hobby will hold me back from that if I'm not more selective.

I got banned in that group about 2 years ago, lol. I remember how stupid the general mentality was there. But it's also not 100% their fault as they were socialized in the heights of the vinyl boom and newbury/brooklyn vegan exclusives and overpriced rsd trash...

I started to see the trend that more and more records can't sell out immidiately and you can see discogs prices from record shops selling certain records way less than initial introductory price because they juat can't move them. 

I'm totally with you on asking myself more and more often do I really need plastic circles instead of spending that money on more "real" things. I also moved with my records 3 times, and always tell myself this was the last time... 

Edited by xfactor675

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

I got banned in that group about 2 years ago, lol. I remember how stupid the general mentality was there. But it's also not 100% their fault as they were socialized in the heights of the vinyl boom and newbury/brooklyn vegan exclusives and overpriced rsd trash...

I started to see the trend that more and more records can't sell out immidiately and you can see discogs prices from record shops selling certain records way less than initial introductory price because they juat can't move them. 

I'm totally with you on asking myself more and more often do I really need plastic circles instead of spending that money on more "real" things. I also moved with my records 3 times, and always tell myself this was the last time... 

I feel that too. I browse r/vinylreleases and see the pricing stuff is going for, and I’ll comment “$30 for a single LP” and get downvoted to tell cause of the people on there being conditioned to think that price is fair. Ironically I just got a new record player, but am browsing r/vinyldeals and grabbing albums for $10-20 with free shipping and just being patient instead of grabbing a record I want, but don’t want for $30+. To be honest I do too much impulse buying, and am guilty of it with this record. I haven’t even spun it yet cause I don’t really care to. Nostalgia got the best of me with this release, and each one of those helps me impulse buy less. But back to the point, it’s really ridiculous and sad that it’s getting to this point. I saw a post of /vinyldeals of a shop even price gouging. Trying to sell common record for 20% more. Sorry I’m not paying $30 + shipping for Wet Leg when I can get my for $21 shipped free on Amazon. I know you have to make money but it’s not a $30 record and I don’t need another mailer. Only shop Newbury and BV for sales (I did get 5 records from them recently at an average price of less than $15 a record, and most were 2xLPs, all exclusive variants). It’s funny cause a couple years ago I bought a network player because of record prices, but I ended up buying more records last year than I have in years. I don’t contribute some of that to getting a better job, but still can’t pull myself away from the hobby. 

• 2 months later...

I read this whole thread in one sitting.  That was fun, thanks everyone - this was my first dark mode post!  lol

My friends flipped when this came out, we were seniors in high school.  i was a death metal kid but was impressed by this album.  i love how you can get it for $30 new but people are still buying it for over $100

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, DeathPeak said:

No one else has received their copy? Mine came in yesterday. Haven't had a chance to spin it. 

I've had a shipping notice for the blue since Aug 8, but still sitting at Label Created.

Someone else I know ordered the blue and it was delivered over the weekend and it turned out to be silver inside. 

What color did you order and what color did you get?

Edited by Justinadamk

3 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

I've had a shipping notice for the blue since Aug 8, but still sitting at Label Created.

Someone else I know ordered the blue and it was delivered over the weekend and it turned out to be silver inside. 

What color did you order and what color did you get?

Ordered and received silver.