PO [Sold out]: Cloudkicker - Solitude (and box set)

whoa

Missed the splatter at 8:05am....but did grab the Milk Clear thankfully. Happy to have either one honestly, but the colors would have been nice. With the errors they had this morn more might go up, but I don't want to risk and cancel my clear for it to only fuck up again. Also the opaque splatters could come out looking like shit. Also nabbed the clear/splatter Solitude!

Edited by JRHews

1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

Damn, slept through my 0800 alarm and missed out on the splatter boxset. Still, stoked to at least get a boxset. Grabbed the galaxy Solitude as well. 

I was F5 at 0759 and couldn't check out in time for the splatter, so don't feel bad. Had everything preloaded and PP signed in.  Bandcamp actually seized up for a few minutes!

Edit: on Solitude I avoided the Haze, even though always tempting, they usually are unlistenable due to all the grit. Maybe things have changed, but I didn't want to chance it and went with the coke bottle clear.

Edited by drds89

Couldn't talk myself into the box since I still own everything but Subsume, after all the time, and I never even bothered to sit down with Unending.  But I will say the $1 shipping got me on a copy of Solitude.  That, and having my buck go a bit further to support Ben today.  That /200 looked too nice to pass up and I can't imagine it sounding inherently better or worse than a splatter.  Queued up the album and played it loud in the home office during the homestretch of a work shift and can confirm it's pretty nice.  I wouldn't argue with whoever said it may be his most mature and realized album to date, on the last page.

9 hours ago, drds89 said:

I was F5 at 0759 and couldn't check out in time for the splatter, so don't feel bad. Had everything preloaded and PP signed in.  Bandcamp actually seized up for a few minutes!

Edit: on Solitude I avoided the Haze, even though always tempting, they usually are unlistenable due to all the grit. Maybe things have changed, but I didn't want to chance it and went with the coke bottle clear.

Oh damn, yeah I definitely didn't have all of that ready. No way I would have been able to grab it. Did not think it would be that high demand for it. 

I'm hoping with the way the mockup for Solitude looks it turns out to be more of a translucent/smokey translucent marbled blue/black. 

Edited by dapeebs

I accidentally ordered a milky clear box set in a separate order with the splatter of the new album. I am either going to cancel or if someone here wants them  for exactly what I paid let me know. The reason I placed two orders was the first just was processing indefinitely so I thought it sold out so I went and created a new order with the milky clear because the Splatter box set had then sold out. However, it did the same exact thing with the other box set so now I have two. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

6 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I accidentally ordered a milky clear box set in a separate order with the splatter of the new album. I am either going to cancel or if someone here wants them  for exactly what I paid let me know. The reason I placed two orders was the first just was processing indefinitely so I thought it sold out so I went and created a new order with the milky clear because the Splatter box set had then sold out. However, it did the same exact thing with the other box set so now I have two. 

I’ll take it 

• 2 months later...

https://ibb.co/WpgFmkQ
https://ibb.co/cvS7ppF
https://ibb.co/SN1kPW2
https://ibb.co/Df6B2fv

Box is pretty nice, snug fit for all four. Numbering/signature is not on the actual box but on a little slip that goes around it. Will possibly be spinning all four today to hear how they sound.

Edited by NoWorthyIcons

If anyone wants to sell/trade their splatter box set, hit me with a PM.  I have the clear box set I could trade plus cash$ or some records.

Got the clear box set plus Solitude in today.  Spinning Solitude now.  Man, I think it tops Beacons.  So many tasty riffs.  The black/blue mix vinyl matches the cover perfectly too.

One you take the plastic wraps off and squeeze the air from the box, the whole thing fits very nicely. The obi strip is nicely snug. 

The milky clear boxset looks great, very minimalistic aesthetic overall, but I'm not so fond of the Solitude 'galaxy' variant. Might grab the new splatter and see which I like best, get rid of the other. 

5 hours ago, se7enstitches said:

I cant believe the packing job on this. All my copies of everything showed up destroyed. Truly regret spending the money

My boxset was packed very well, with ample cardboard to minimize jostling around, hell I probably did more damage by prying those LPs from that box. What kind of damage was done?

1 hour ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

My boxset was packed very well, with ample cardboard to minimize jostling around, hell I probably did more damage by prying those LPs from that box. What kind of damage was done?

2/4 smashed corners on the box set and 4x records each one with 4/4 bent or crunched corners. i real life loled when opened the box

2 hours ago, se7enstitches said:

2/4 smashed corners on the box set and 4x records each one with 4/4 bent or crunched corners. i real life loled when opened the box

Gotta be your postman/office then man, that sucks. Mine came perfectly snug in the mailer and no issues to any jacket or vinyl.