Is Dead Format coming back?

rrd

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Is it going to stay looking that boring, in a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kind of way?  With that much downtime and build-up I figured they’d come back swinging with some new features or at least a fresh coat of paint.

Considering you can't actually access this from the main website yet, I doubt it's ready for go-live. I just kind of stumbled upon it.

1 minute ago, mitchard said:

Considering you can't actually access this from the main website yet, I doubt it's ready for go-live. I just kind of stumbled upon it.

Interesting.  Then I’ll reserve judgement and sit tight until something official may or may not get announced.  Would love to see that site spruced up into something that’s easier on the eyes than a Discogs collection.

6 minutes ago, mitchard said:

Well, that was the last time my list was updated. You still can't login, but the data is there and being indexed by Google. 

Yeah , found mine too. Updated 9 years ago when I was like a year into collecting 😂

https://deadformat.com/collection/niku

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Only as of yesterday or maybe the day before.  A very recent [and welcome] change that I bet a lot of folks are sleeping on.  Enjoy. 😎

i started the thread to request it back in August last year, so happy they decided to follow through on it. my eyes are much happier!

Man what a cool time-capsule. And I am legitimately excited for them to bring this back.
Discogg's is the behemoth for buying and selling now, but I still keep a spreadsheet for my collection just because I want it formatted MY WAY BABY! Love the control and flexibility of dead format, and being to upload your own image for each item. 

Also, if were judging our current selves.....

I went from 93 records to 412!!!  Quadrupled, yikes!
Still some of those original 100 are gems to this day.

https://deadformat.com/collection/V3XED

Mine is loading everything from back in the day. I don’t buy nearly as many records these days but god damn it would be time consuming trying to update everything 5/6 years later.

Edit: throwing mine in since people are sharing.

https://deadformat.com/collection/builttoolong

Edited by Bronchitis