Is Dead Format coming back?

rrd

14 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Discogs is a better collection manager than DF ever was tbh. People just can't figure out how to use it for whatever

I use the folders, but I’ve never figured out how to make them visible to others. Linking the folder always redirects someone not logged in as me to the full collection page, any insight around that?

21 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I use the folders, but I’ve never figured out how to make them visible to others. Linking the folder always redirects someone not logged in as me to the full collection page, any insight around that?

Unfortunately no. It didn't even cross my mind that other people might want to browse other collections and not just stuff for sale haha.

36 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Unfortunately no. It didn't even cross my mind that other people might want to browse other collections and not just stuff for sale haha.

Yeah people would just make a “For Sale” section on their DF. Or show off variant collections publicly, etc

Honestly I just want to Discogs to also be more searchable by their base metadata, without me having to put stuff in folders. For example, sometimes when I’m really lazy I’ll look for more 45RPM records in my collection because I don’t want to swap back and forth between speeds. Despite being a field on the release itself, you can’t filter by it. I’d have to create a whole seperate folder or label for “45RPM”. Kinda silly.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...