PO: Brotha Lynch Hung - Season Of Da Siccness (The Resurrection) [11/20/20]

erikness

This Limited Special Edition 2LP set has been newly remastered by Grammy Award winner, Brad Blackwood. The double gatefold jacket contains two albums. One translucent Yellow and the other translucent Orange. Brotha Lynch Hung (Kevin Mann) recorded and mixed Season Of Da Siccness album in 1994. It was released in 1995. The album is dedicated to the rapper Q-Ball, Mann's cousin who was murdered around the time of the album's creation. The song 'Liquor Sicc' touches on subjects of dealing with his death and retaliation. Personnel on the album include Brotha Lynch Hung, Mr. Doctor, Ron Foster, X-Raided, Zigg Zagg, Zoe, Sicx, Hyst, and Babe Reg. Mann has stated that he produced, mixed and mastered the entire album himself, which to this day is the only album in which he has done this.

D89kGwe.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GLWBVDC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_vRxsFb6HYKGK4

Edited by erikness

5 minutes ago, ethereal said:

ordered this from amazon a few weeks ago but don’t have high hopes - this sold out within hours on the label’s site and was limited to 300.

Are you thinking of the De Rap Winkel pressing that went up for PO in like July? This Amazon listing is a different version through BLH's label Madesicc Muzicc. I think the PO just dropped a week ago.

So the situation is this: De Rap Winkel officially licensed this album (which sold out quick, shipping this month) and Brotha Lynch Hung wasn't happy with it and tried to call them bootlegs, although the label who owns the Lynch album is the one who officially gave DRW the rights.

In that post he said the "real" ones are coming soon - which appears to be this pressing. Might grab this one but if I'm being real I'm excited for the orange swirl from DRW haha.

Edited by corey.

6 minutes ago, corey. said:

So the situation is this: De Rap Winkel officially licensed this album (which sold out quick, shipping this month) and Brotha Lynch Hung wasn't happy with it and tried to call them bootlegs, although the label who owns the Lynch album is the one who officially gave DRW the rights.

In that post he said the "real" ones are coming soon - which appears to be this pressing. Might grab this one but if I'm being real I'm excited for the orange swirl from DRW haha.

Yeah, even though it sucks that BLH isn't getting paid from the DRW release - I have more faith in that one as far as quality and overall presentation.

1 minute ago, djghost1976 said:

Yeah, even though it sucks that BLH isn't getting paid from the DRW release - I have more faith in that one as far as quality and overall presentation.

I agree. DRW has been nothing but good to me and hooked me up in the past. 

Also, it sucks he isn't getting paid but that seems like a situation between him and his original label not DRW. I'm gonna assume to press this album, he had to pay for the rights just like DRW haha

Edited by corey.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Faucet said:

not sure if this should be its own thread or if its been posted already but the same label is pressing three 6 mafias the end in december https://selectohits.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=35621

Probably deserves it's own thread.  Where's Da Bud one of the best, possibly most underrated weed songs of all-time.

15 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

So these are about to ship?

Yep, seemingly.

14 hours ago, Faucet said:

not sure if this should be its own thread or if its been posted already but the same label is pressing three 6 mafias the end in december https://selectohits.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=35621

Sick!

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

If they screw up the audio on this after all these years, I will literally cry.

dont know much about the label but have had mixed results with these “classics back on wax” type of labels with other classic hip hop reissues.

I will be pissed bc I know Rap De Winkel would have been the definitive version. This shit already looks hella bootleg from the album art alone.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:24 PM, verb1999 said:

No, no.  The RDWs were bootleg.

No they weren't. That is the point. They got the license from Black Market just like SIC did for the Loaded reissues. Kevin was just butthurt about that and slandered them via social media and RDW backed out. They make high quality stuff. I am just saying, look at the cover mockup for the "official" repress. Looks like it was made in MS Paint, no offense. I still ordered it anyway bc I need it.

3 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

No they weren't. That is the point. They got the license from Black Market just like SIC did for the Loaded reissues. Kevin was just butthurt about that and slandered them via social media and RDW backed out. They make high quality stuff. I am just saying, look at the cover mockup for the "official" repress. Looks like it was made in MS Paint, no offense. I still ordered it anyway bc I need it.

lol  Sorry...I meant that as sarcasm, since that's what Brotha Lynch was calling them.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, tetsuodaironman said:

Also here to back up DRW again haha. They didn't do a bootleg, they actually lost a ton of money from something they were under the assumption was a legal licensing, just to maintain their label's integrity.

I also ordered the Amazon as well. Truly bummed we didn't get the tip on jackets w/ foil printing from DRW.