PO: Dashboard Confessional - MTV Unplugged 2.0 (Ships 9/25)

https://store.dashboardconfessional.com/

around 2,000 of each DC exclusive color

Orange and black to match the guitar and tri color to match the wristband. Those are some choices.

Full press release:

Dashboard Confessional have announced that the third installment of their vinyl reissue series, The Early Days, will be the long-awaited, first-ever pressing of their Platinum-certified live album MTV Unplugged 2.0. Arriving on September 25th, MTV Unplugged 2.0 holds a significant place in Dashboard Confessional lore. The iconic set, recorded in 2002 on the era-defining show, was originally released only on CD as the band's first live album and on the heels of their earliest releases, 2000’s The Swiss Army Romance and 2001’s The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most and So Impossible EP. MTV Unplugged 2.0 is a snapshot of the band’s rapid ascent reaching a fever pitch, replete with devoted fan sing-alongs and featuring the first ever full-band performances of seven of Carrabba’s most beloved solo tracks, including "Hands Down" and "So Impossible.” MTV Unplugged 2.0 will be available in multiple collectible, limited edition color variants in addition to a non-limited edition run of standard black vinyl and is available for pre-order HERE

The limited edition black/opaque orange and hot pink/peach/dark blue color vinyl can be purchased only via the Dashboard Confessional online store HERE. The cloudy, transparent red and peach vinyl is available only via independent record stores, a community that has long-supported Dashboard Confessional. An opaque baby pink vinyl, limited to only 1,000 copies, can be found exclusively at VinylMePlease.com, beginning tomorrow, September 4th.

The Early Days series, which continues this year’s DC20 20th anniversary celebration, spotlights the albums and EPs that defined the band's formative years, including The Swiss Army Romance vinyl reissue, and the first-ever pressing of 2001’s The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most, which sold-out immediately at on-sale and debuted at #2 on Billboard's Vinyl Albums chart, #18 on the Top Albums chart, and #3 on the Top Catalog Albums chart. The band has also partnered with Mondo to release three EPs for the very first time on vinyl this year: 2001’s So Impossible, 2002’s Summers Kiss, and a newly created Spider-Man 2 EP. More details about the limited edition EPs will be announced later this year.

This year’s 20th celebration also included the release of Dashboard Confessional’s first-ever career-spanning compilation, The Best Ones Of The Best Ones, and their own installment in the Spotify Singles series (a reimagining of their breakthrough hit “Screaming Infidelities” and a cover of Post Malone’s “Circles”).

Edited by revisited

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Nabbed the indie variant from Bull Moose. 

Came to post the link.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34655324/dashboard-confessional-mtv-unplugged-20-indie-exclusive-cloudy-red-peach

I probably should’ve gone with BM to save myself ~$10 but the orange/black blob is the most logical variant IMO.

Edited by dantheriver

5 minutes ago, cesar11 said:

Am I the only one who's VERY excited for those EP's to finally get pressed by Mondo?

if the EPs were released before unplugged, i probably would have passed on this preorder and just stuck with the EPs. but the fomo was too much. that said, the audience is pretty terrible in this record.

4 hours ago, revisited said:

if the EPs were released before unplugged, i probably would have passed on this preorder and just stuck with the EPs. but the fomo was too much. that said, the audience is pretty terrible in this record.

I know, I was thinking This is basically  a fucking campfire sing along Dashboard album