PO: Dashboard Confessional - MTV Unplugged 2.0 (Ships 9/25)

14 hours ago, museummouth said:

Gonna go indie on this one as the shipping is high and it’s getting annoying to pay every 3 weeks for one. Should’ve launched all of them at once. Plus the variants are kinda meh for all colors. 

Glad it’s coming out though. 

funny... because shipping to Europe from their store is so cheap

got the Tri-Color

5 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

I haven’t kept up, are they doing Summer’s Kiss or So Impossible EP?

Both, plus something called the 'Spiderman 2 EP'. Kind of wish they were doing the Drowning EP as well, but that one always seems to get forgotten.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/dashboard-confessional-the-early-days-vinyl-reissues/

6 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

I haven’t kept up, are they doing Summer’s Kiss or So Impossible EP?

I missed it the first time around too. It's at the bottom of the announcement; they're doing those EPs, plus a Spiderman one. Presumably a "Vindicated" focused release, which is awesome because that's about their best song IMO.

35 minutes ago, MacDonals said:

I missed it the first time around too. It's at the bottom of the announcement; they're doing those EPs, plus a Spiderman one. Presumably a "Vindicated" focused release, which is awesome because that's about their best song IMO.

There's an unreleased track that he initially wrote for Spiderman and scrapped it in favour of 'Vindicated'. In an interview last year, he spoke about it potentially seeing the light of day so I would assume it might be included.

Edited by cautionthieves
Typo

2 hours ago, smailtronic said:

Both, plus something called the 'Spiderman 2 EP'. Kind of wish they were doing the Drowning EP as well, but that one always seems to get forgotten.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/dashboard-confessional-the-early-days-vinyl-reissues/

Yeah I wonder what the Spiderman 2 EP is. He only had one song on the soundtrack (Vindicated), and I doubt he wrote more songs at the time. So that'd be weird for him to go back and create new songs for it. Covers of some of the other artists? 

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah I wonder what the Spiderman 2 EP is. He only had one song on the soundtrack (Vindicated), and I doubt he wrote more songs at the time. So that'd be weird for him to go back and create new songs for it. Covers of some of the other artists? 

I was assuming the studio version of ‘Vindicated’ plus maybe a demo or acoustic version plus that song @cautionthieves mentioned.  Personally going to pass on it, but in for the other two EPs unless they offered some sort of bundle.  Though looking through Mondo’s webstore, they seem to charge $15 for a 7”.  Nice 🤗

I want this, especially both those DC web exclusive variants but I will listen to it once and put it on the shelf. I taped this Unplugged on VHS (probably still have it) to rewatch over and over. Those early to middle era shows before he blew up were great when the crowd sang along to every word. Even though it's totally a teen thing, it was fun being 21 and doing the same. 

8 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

I want this, especially both those DC web exclusive variants but I will listen to it once and put it on the shelf. I taped this Unplugged on VHS (probably still have it) to rewatch over and over. Those early to middle era shows before he blew up were great when the crowd sang along to every word. Even though it's totally a teen thing, it was fun being 21 and doing the same. 

At the end of last year he did a solo tour here in europe and it was just him acoustic and it had the Unplugged vibe constantly. Went to a show in Brussels and 1 in Holland and both were magical and the crowd just singing along. About 200 each venue

On 9/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, MCDELTAT said:

On a podcast he talked about how he had originally sent a different song for that soundtrack. I'm guessing it's probably that one, Vindicated and maybe the Vindicated demo. 

9 hours ago, Oblivions said:

Although no one at all seemed to care about his most recent album, I saw him play a short set right after it came out as part of some radio station arena show and the crowd went wild during the classic songs. We all have those early 2000s albums burned into the pleasure center of our brains forever.

Hot take. The latest album is my favorite of his since Dusk and Summer. Just wish it was longer. 

43 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Hot take. The latest album is my favorite of his since Dusk and Summer. Just wish it was longer. 

I checked out of DC entirely post AMAMABAS. Those later albums might be more consistent than Crooked Shadows but IMO the new album is at least more varied and interesting. There are some hard misses but it’s DC and silly emo/pop so, even when it’s cringe, I can still have fun. 

That said, I really did think a new record from DC would have hit harder, even if the reaction was negative. It feels like it came and went and I don’t know if a majority of his fans even know it happened?

On 9/8/2020 at 3:44 AM, Savesthedave said:

For once I noticed my email early and jumped in ordering these before they sold out like the last 2 albums... except neither pressings are sold out yet. The fuck. 

He quoted most of the pressing numbers for this one and Swiss Army on IG (looks like ~10K each). I'm not surprised Places and Swiss Army sold out before this one, live record stigma and all.

I have a feeling the next releases (probably the So Impossible EP) are gonna go like hot cakes. Anyone know when they’re gonna drop? I get an email from the DC newsletter when they go out, and I’m refreshing my email every 5 seconds for all eternity to make sure I dint miss out on any of them. 

8 hours ago, Savesthedave said:

I have a feeling the next releases (probably the So Impossible EP) are gonna go like hot cakes. Anyone know when they’re gonna drop? I get an email from the DC newsletter when they go out, and I’m refreshing my email every 5 seconds for all eternity to make sure I dint miss out on any of them. 

It seems each announcement comes shortly after the previous one releases. I’d expect something last week of the month or first week of October.