PO: Ska Against Racism (Asian Man/Bad Time Comp)

MCDELTAT

1 hour ago, shenanigans said:

Like I said, 2 weeks - not a big deal, almost expected, but some other labels are at 5 months now. The preorders went up in the middle of the pandemic. You don't get to use "we're in the middle of a pandemic" as an excuse for a 5 month delay when you already knew we were in a pandemic when you took people's money.

If you put up a preorder in February/March and then had to wait for the records to come from another continent by boat I get it. If you put up a preorder in May you should have already known that was going to happen.

That's kinda my point though. It's not like labels are pulling dates out of thin air. Even in the middle of a pandemic the plants are going to be giving labels a timeline that the label is then going to make a decision on. The label can't help if the plants are wildly off on their estimate or get even more behind than when preorders go up. I'd say even more so now that countries have started shutting down again and putting restrictions back in place.

26 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

That's kinda my point though. It's not like labels are pulling dates out of thin air. Even in the middle of a pandemic the plants are going to be giving labels a timeline that the label is then going to make a decision on. The label can't help if the plants are wildly off on their estimate or get even more behind than when preorders go up. I'd say even more so now that countries have started shutting down again and putting restrictions back in place.

Maybe they should wait to put up the PO until the timeline is more clear...5 months is unacceptable.

13 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Maybe they should wait to put up the PO until the timeline is more clear...5 months is unacceptable.

Meh. Riskier for labels since they have to front ~$8-15K per release, and then in this case where they added more to the order, you get that uncanny valley where the second batch comes months later. 

56 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Meh. Riskier for labels since they have to front ~$8-15K per release, and then in this case where they added more to the order, you get that uncanny valley where the second batch comes months later. 

Oh god no. A business has to front the money to run their business? What a terrible idea...

Maybe the rather than adding a "second batch" they should have just done a 2nd press...where the pressing comes out months later after it's pressed....

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine in. Had a seam split on the top, but think I can repair it since sleeve is just black. My vinyl colors were a grey and a poop brown (the ones on the Discogs listing). I always seem to get a brown color from AMR random pressings ha.

Also, despite being a charity pressing. Mike at BT through in a pin, some stickers, and a Killing Lincoln flexi. Definitely going to support him by grabbing something else. 

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Lol someone put this up for $100 on eBay. I think truly is a special place in hell. Take a charity comp and then likely not donate the $70 your make from the flip. Nice. Nice.

https://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-Youll-Never-Walk-Alone/release/16401558

You'll see some familiar names flipping this charity record too. People are awful.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, MCDELTAT said:

Got mine in. Had a seam split on the top, but think I can repair it since sleeve is just black. My vinyl colors were a grey and a poop brown (the ones on the Discogs listing). I always seem to get a brown color from AMR random pressings ha.

Also, despite being a charity pressing. Mike at BT through in a pin, some stickers, and a Killing Lincoln flexi. Definitely going to support him by grabbing something else. 

I got mine just before Christmas but am finally getting a chance to crack it open. My discs were the same colors.

Edited by DeathPeak

On 12/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Lol someone put this up for $100 on eBay. I think truly is a special place in hell. Take a charity comp and then likely not donate the $70 your make from the flip. Nice. Nice.

Dang. People really lean hard into the troll, huh?

Dude keeps raising the Buy It Now price $50 every few days. I wonder what VC member he is. Lol.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, MCDELTAT said:

On 12/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, Oblivions said:

Dang. People really lean hard into the troll, huh?

Dude keeps raising the Buy It Now price $50 every few days. I wonder what VC member he is. Lol.

If we're talking about this person, it's the infamous Wil Taylor. I'd recommend against buying it unless you like your records thrown against walls and covers bent every which way before receiving it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKA-AGAINST-RACISM-2XLP-COLOR-TIM-TIM-TIMEBOMB-INTERRUPTERS-LESS-THAN-JAKE-NOFX/284131334584?hash=item42278c19b8:g:CKwAAOSwIFBf60y8

5 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

If we're talking about this person, it's the infamous Wil Taylor. I'd recommend against buying it unless you like your records thrown against walls and covers bent every which way before receiving it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKA-AGAINST-RACISM-2XLP-COLOR-TIM-TIM-TIMEBOMB-INTERRUPTERS-LESS-THAN-JAKE-NOFX/284131334584?hash=item42278c19b8:g:CKwAAOSwIFBf60y8

Yikes.

I was referring to another eBay user who has since taken the listing down. It was at $100 then they kept raising it $50 like every 12 hours. It was $250 before the listing was closed.

• 2 months later...