PO: Ska Against Racism (Asian Man/Bad Time Comp)

MCDELTAT

Asian Man Records and Bad Time Records are putting out a compilation of rare and new music from tons of bands in the scene. The record is available in a 2xLP Gatefold Format on random colored vinyl. 100% of proceeds ($45,000) go to charities that benefit the black community.

It was initially put up for sale today with 1,000 copies and sold out in <2 hours. Tonorrow at 1PM EST/10AM PST they will be adding another 500 copies and then that’s truly it. Check it out if you’re interested.

http://SkaAgainstRacism.com

Track Listing: 
1. Tim Timebomb Ft. Jesse Michaels - Living in a Dangerous Land 02:34 
2. The Chinkees - Run For Help 01:21 
3. JER - Breaking News! Local Punk Denies Existence of Systematic Racism 02:58 
4. The Planet Smashers - The Pledge 02:21 
5. Hepcat - Nigel (Quarantine Version) 02:42 
6. Bite Me Bambi - Carried Away 03:11 
7. The Doped Up Dollies - Racist Friend 04:15 
8. Mu330 - Don't Worry Don't Stress 02:50 
9. Kill Lincoln - David Duke is Running for President 01:18 
10. Less Than Jake - The Sit Around 02:46 
11. Catbite - Asinine Aesthetic 03:25 
12. Buck O' Nine - Cardboard 03:45 
13. Los Kung Fu Monkeys - Enough 02:42 
14. The Interrupters - Broken World (Live) 02:47 
15. The Suicide Machines - City Limitations 02:30 
16. Hey-Smith - Fellowship Anthem 02:21 
17. Five Iron Frenzy - While Supplies Last 03:08 
18. The Best of The Worst - Illusion of Choice 02:15
19. Buster Shuffle - Deadline 03:22 
20. Left Alone - The Darkness 02:25 
21. The Skints - Restless (Heavy Dub Mix) 04:22 
22. We Are The Union - Ordinary Life 03:07 
23. Mustard Plug - Unite and Fight 03:13 
24. Half Past Two - Shine 03:29 
25. Westbound Train - Wash Over Me 03:43 
26. Omnigone - Swallow Poison 02:11 
27. The Porkers - The Good Egg 03:49 
28. Big D and The Kids Table - Try Out Your Voice 2020 03:08

Charities:

1. The Movement for Black Lives

2. The NAACP Legal Defense Fund
3. The Conscious Kid

4. The Alpha Institute

5. Black Girls Code.

BLACK LIVES MATTER.

Edited by MCDELTAT

27 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Back up!

That was weird. In Mobile Safari the usual Limited Run pop up didn’t display so couldn’t check out. Had to switch to Mobile Chrome and didn’t have anything saved there. Still got one though.

Limited Run has been having issues on Safari, on the iPhone and also regular Safari browser on computers. Good to keep in mind for time sensitive purchases—use Chrome or another browser with any shop that uses LR.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 10:05 AM, NoFxpunkguy said:

such a good listen from front to back.   glad I was able to grab a copy the 2nd time it was up.  hopefully we get a tour when this covid shits over

A tour for this would be very cool. Been listening to the comp and wow, didn't know a lot of these bands at all until now.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, derby625 said:

“Ships in November”

***it’s December now

hmmm....

There was an email update about a delay several weeks ago

First of all... thank you again for your support and DOUBLE thank you for your patience!  The Ska Against Racism vinyl is pressed, printed, and on its way to Bad Time Records HQ from the pressing plant in Europe.  It's expected to arrive the last week of November / First week of December - once it does, myself, Mike Park, and some friends will start working ASAP to get these shipped out to you.  It's a big job but we can't wait to get them in your hands.  Records will begin shipping December 4th and into that next week.  You should expect them in the mail the week of December 14th.  This unfortunately coincides with the busiest mail time of year, so I ask that you please be patient with us and USPS once these ship!  You will receive a tracking number as soon as they go out - if you don't get one, please feel free to reach out and check.  Trust me that we will do our absolute best to get these packed up and shipped to you as fast as possible.

51 minutes ago, Dub said:

There was an email update about a delay several weeks ago

Correct. Sorry for not posting it here. I trust Mike to be an honest person about it, so no worries whatsoever. As he posted the other day on IG and Twitter, he's not Amazon. He's a single person that sometimes gets people to help. As they'll do for this release where there are 1.5K records to ship as opposed his regular 300-500.

11 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

Its almost as if we are in a global pandemic, shit takes longer to get done and its having an effect on many labels hmmm....

Not complaining about a release being 2 weeks late, but I don't think you get to use the "we're in a global pandemic" excuse when you put up a pre-order in the middle of said pandemic.

4 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Not complaining about a release being 2 weeks late, but I don't think you get to use the "we're in a global pandemic" excuse when you put up a pre-order in the middle of said pandemic.

Eh,  it's not like they're getting dates from the pressing plant and saying, nah, I'm gonna tell people it's a month earlier than what the plants are saying for the preorder. If a label says hey, it's a  preorder, expected ship date is x, I imagine that's bc the plant says that's when they EXPECT to have it done. Shit happens. Plants are taking longer,  and I'm sure are telling every label on the planet they'll get it when they get to it.  Nearly every record I've ordered this year has been delayed. 

6 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Shit happens. Plants are taking longer,  and I'm sure are telling every label on the planet they'll get it when they get to it.  Nearly every record I've ordered this year has been delayed. 

This. I've been getting the run around from LiveNation regarding the delivery of my HAIM record all year. I've lost track of how many different new delivery dates they've given me. If one of the largest corporations in their respective industry can't deliver one of the biggest releases of the year anywhere close to their initially projected date, I'm not gonna be too hard on the great Mike Park for taking a little bit longer to deliver this compilation, which, let's not forget, is for charity. 

11 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

Eh,  it's not like they're getting dates from the pressing plant and saying, nah, I'm gonna tell people it's a month earlier than what the plants are saying for the preorder. If a label says hey, it's a  preorder, expected ship date is x, I imagine that's bc the plant says that's when they EXPECT to have it done. Shit happens. Plants are taking longer,  and I'm sure are telling every label on the planet they'll get it when they get to it.  Nearly every record I've ordered this year has been delayed. 

Like I said, 2 weeks - not a big deal, almost expected, but some other labels are at 5 months now. The preorders went up in the middle of the pandemic. You don't get to use "we're in the middle of a pandemic" as an excuse for a 5 month delay when you already knew we were in a pandemic when you took people's money.

If you put up a preorder in February/March and then had to wait for the records to come from another continent by boat I get it. If you put up a preorder in May you should have already known that was going to happen.