The Casket Lottery "Short Songs for End Times" out November 6, 2020

N8TRU

https://bsmrocks.com/collections/home-page/products/the-casket-lottery-short-songs-for-end-times

Expected to ship late November

New song "Born Lonely" @ https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-casket-lottery-prep-first-album-in-8-years-short-songs-for-end-times-stream-a-track/

Most bands don’t age gracefully. After a decade or two, many lose their urgency, their momentum, their emotional range. If the songwriting doesn’t suffer, then the album’s production or aesthetic might seem insufficient, or even the artist’s integrity. Sadly, some bands never reignite that which made them special.

The opposite is true of The Casket Lottery, whose newest full-length Short Songs for End Times showcases a band at their best—their tightest, toughest, most intense—and more than twenty years after their first release.

Available on exclusive transparent blue/purple half and half vinyl, numbers are super limited, so if you want one of these from this seminally influential band, grab one now before they are all gone!

Edited by N8TRU

http://wiretaprecords.limitedrun.com/products/677813-the-casket-lottery-short-songs-for-end-times-12-lp

150 - Color in Color (Dark Pink with Neon Magenta) - Wiretap Variant 
150 - Half and Half - Big Scary Monsters Variant 
110 - Cloudy - Band Variant 
110 - 2 color side A, side B - Band Variant 
150 - Black vinyl (Retail Variant)

weird variant choices so far. Maybe the two band variants will make more sense.

Ooh la la. I was beyond disappointed with Real Fear, but this is TASTY. I’m going to have to hear a couple more before I trust enough to buy the whole album, but this is a wonderful start.

Also, am I not recognizing some sort of slimmed down, cleaned up appearance or is Junior no longer pounding the skins for them? That’s a huge loss if so.

Edited by sabukweli

• 1 month later...

I went down a Casket Lottery rabbit hole last night, and that reminded me to order this. I'd like to order from Merch Central, but the only shipping option I am getting is $10.45 Priority Mail. In their FAQs it lists Media Mail, but I can't get it to display as an option during checkout. Anyone had any luck there? I am digging these two new songs, and I also need to go back and pick up some of their older work.

15 minutes ago, Alan P said:

I went down a Casket Lottery rabbit hole last night, and that reminded me to order this. I'd like to order from Merch Central, but the only shipping option I am getting is $10.45 Priority Mail. In their FAQs it lists Media Mail, but I can't get it to display as an option during checkout. Anyone had any luck there? I am digging these two new songs, and I also need to go back and pick up some of their older work.

as an alternative you could get the /100 UK variant here for 28 dollars ppd

https://bsmrocks.com/collections/home-page/products/the-casket-lottery-short-songs-for-end-times

10 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

as an alternative you could get the /100 UK variant here for 28 dollars ppd

Thanks, that is a good option. I prefer the splatter, but might come down to cost. I was also planning to get the Casket Lottery/Touché Amoré split 7" from Merch Central (had never heard those songs until last night; good stuff!).

First of all, damn--I love this record. Downloaded the MP3s yesterday and I had a bunch of time in the car today and already listened all the way through twice. The rhythm section is especially kick-ass. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised--exceeded my expectations.

Secondly, had a great customer service experience with Merch Central over the last week. I first reached out about the lack of Media Mail, and after half a dozen email exchanges with two people in their customer service, they remedied the issue. First, they told me if I place the order with Priority Mail, they would refund the difference to my PayPal--which they did! And I haven't checked this yet, but apparently they corrected the Media Mail problem with their entire website. So I placed the order for this LP ($25), the Touché Amoré split 7" ($6), and paid $10 for Priority, but then was refunded $5. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alan P said:

I just got my shipping notification from Merch Central--I can't wait to see this, hold it, and spin it. Wound up as one of my top 10 albums of 2020.

Same, on repeat since December. Probably will be in pre-shipment forever, but I’m excited to see how these turn out.

Edited by iDealélan
I made

• N8TRU changed the title to The Casket Lottery "Short Songs for End Times" out November 6, 2020