PO: Gorillaz - Song Machine

Weird configurations. 

If you have a DL card, why include the CD with the Deluxe? Just make Wav's part of the DL.

Why include 7"s with the 2 LPs for the Super Deluxe? Why not make it a 4LP set with 2 LPs of Instrumentals. Or just do a 7" box set. 

The Humanz deluxe got a lot of guff, but at least the b-sides were new songs.  IDK, these are just weird and unfortunately priced. 

Edited by timsimmons

39 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Usually right when a Gorillaz drop happens there's the deluxe version priced wrong somewhere, here's the first one I found for less than half the price on the official store https://vintagevinyl.com/UPC/190295209407

Do we think it's priced wrong or just doesn't include all of the goofy extras that are on the Gorillaz website?

24 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Weird configurations. 

If you have a DL card, why include the CD with the Deluxe? Just make Wav's part of the DL.

Why include 7"s with the 2 LPs for the Super Deluxe? Why not make it a 4LP set with 2 LPs of Instrumentals. Or just do a 7" box set. 

The Humanz deluxe got a lot of guff, but at least the b-sides were new songs.  IDK, these are just weird and unfortunately priced. 

I was thinking a 7" box set with all of the other extras (books, prints, etc) would have made the most sense for a super deluxe issue of this, especially with the theme and way they've been rolling out the singles. Oh well

41 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Do we think it's priced wrong or just doesn't include all of the goofy extras that are on the Gorillaz website?

It' s a different version without all the extras.  Already checked with the store (its my local shop).  THey verified its priced correctly and not either of the ones on the bands site.

I've always thought Gorillaz Super Deluxe packages are priced pretty fairly, but they are for weird or crazy collectors. I think they had a package for one of their recent albums that was like 11x12" with a single song per LP for $250. Not horrible, but also only useful for trust-fund audiophiles and DJs.

3 hours ago, timsimmons said:

They weren’t one sided 12”, they each had an exclusive b-side. But yeah, weird package. 

This is correct. 

Though, imo shitty opinion, Humanz wasn't that strong of a project. Also, who the hell wants to get up every four minutes to flip a record? With that begin said, I guess it gave us a Pusha T/Mavis Staples track, so I can forgive most of it. Personally, I ended up spending my cheddar on the normal-ass deluxe. I like the concept of the book, but if memory serves me right, I already bought one earlier this year, and I can't justify 20 pages that roughly translate into triple what I already spent. 

12 hours ago, stl_ben said:

It' s a different version without all the extras.  Already checked with the store (its my local shop).  THey verified its priced correctly and not either of the ones on the bands site.

It's strange because in european shops there is just one deluxe and price is about the same with gorillaz store

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/gorillaz-song-machine-season-one-strange-timez/hnum/10301459

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/gorillaz-song-machine-season-one-strange-timez-deluxe-2lp-edition-762801?p=B2loqU

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Anyone heard any of this? The last album was terrible (IMO).I think im gonna wait to hear some reviews before purchasing this time.

9 of the songs here on spotify for you:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7KAxk0re9COAkCGekCeplK?si=y23sdzRVQlazhemwYyDdYg

On 9/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, stl_ben said:

Well never mind. Just got this email: 

We need to apologize, we were given bad information by the label. Now, there is no 2 Lp deluxe version scheduled without all the extra stuff and an $80 list price. We were given details including the price from the label and listed them with trust, today we were told that package no loner exists and I expect it may never have. There will be a group email going out to all who ordered but I wanted to send you one as soon as I knew. We will offer options on these orders: cancellation, pay more for the deluxe, pay less and get the indie or regular vinyl version ($21.99), still trying to figure this mess out.  I am very sorry for our error on this,

John-Vintage Vinyl

• 4 weeks later...