Kings Road Merch: The Thread

Ouch. So, this one is tough.

Up until recently, KRM has always been reliable for me (usually Epitaph orders). Even gave me a discount code for a delay and shipped a 7" via FEDEX despite my cheap ass opting for media mail. 

Then a very important Epitaph order was ALL FUCKED UP because of their shoddy packaging coupled with the current state of the USPS (and my cheap ass media mail selection, but not really because it got left in LA for 3 weeks, but w/e).

BUT they made it better with a replacement.

So, I guess that's a "yes" from me, dawg. (On really the first question, but it could apply to any or all 3. I guess my Joyce Manor pre-order will be deciding factor? When's that due...?)

Slower than average shipping lately, but that's understandable in these times.
I received the wrong product (of a very similar name), however they responded to my support request within the day, and sent me the right item immediately for free, and without asking for the wrong product back.
It seems they're under more stress and lower staffed than other big sellers, so I'm giving them some slack considering the great customer service they still offer in the middle of this all.
KRM > MerchNow
Don't think you can change my mind there.

Edited by jkteddy77

Never had any issues. Shipping/prices tend to be higher, but what can you do. If I find their releases elsewhere, I tend to do that though....

8 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

So, I guess that's a "yes" from me, dawg. (On really the first question, but it could apply to any or all 3. I guess my Joyce Manor pre-order will be deciding factor? When's that due...?)

JM is due out next week, Sept 18 unless it got delayed.

20 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Anyone have issues ordering from kings road eu?

They don't pack very well and so sleeves can easily get damaged in the post. They also don't seem to check what they are sending out, so sleeves get sent out already damaged. Neither of these are unique to KR EU. Their customer service is hit and miss. They are bang average as large merch companies go.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:36 AM, jkteddy77 said:

KRM > MerchNow
Don't think you can change my mind there.

I wouldn't want to. I live in Phoenix so as bad as KRM is when something ships its here in 2-3 days. Not only is MerchNow slower, but they're based in New York. So I'm paying an extra 6 or so bucks shipping to get something I preordered around two weeks after release day.

I don't know what's with Kings Road lately. I had to cancel all my orders because I realized I got a custom pair of shoes made and delivered long before a damn patch will even ship.

The last order I placed with them took two and a half weeks to ship, which is understandable because of staffing and covid restrictions. That said, their order tracking is fucked. I’ve placed a few orders with them since the pandemic hit and I’ve never gotten a tracking number from them. Never was an issue before.