PO: NOTHING - The Great Dismal (10/30/2020) & The Great Dismal B-Sides 12" (10/8/21) - Up Next: Collab w/ Full of Hell 10/11 Midnight EST

zaoza

7 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

it is a bitch tho putting the o-ring back around the record sleeve and then into that bag haha

As I took mine apart for the first time I could already tell it would be the last time. Need a standard copy to turn up soon. Pinwheel splatter turned out cooler than butterfly IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So.  Anyone listen to the album yet or have early impressions?

obviously I'm that asshole who's been listening to the record since late July (and actually spoke with Nicky about it - more on that soon) but I think it's their best since GoE. the record is incredibly diverse for a Nothing record and doesn't just stay in that shoe gaze lane the entire time. An incredible step up from Dance on the Blacktop (which I really liked) and just above Tired of Tomorrow for me. GoE will always have the nostalgic edge for me but objectively this is right up there if not better. 

2 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

obviously I'm that asshole who's been listening to the record since late July (and actually spoke with Nicky about it - more on that soon) but I think it's their best since GoE. the record is incredibly diverse for a Nothing record and doesn't just stay in that shoe gaze lane the entire time. An incredible step up from Dance on the Blacktop (which I really liked) and just above Tired of Tomorrow for me. GoE will always have the nostalgic edge for me but objectively this is right up there if not better. 

Excellent to hear.  I think I do recall you mentioning that it was their best since GoE, earlier in the thread.  Wasn't sure if that was a single take based off a review stream if you really had time to digest it.  Really hoping my opinion lines up with yours because that'd be a real treat.  I've held off on both singles so far in hopes of being completely surprised with the first play – truly have no idea what to expect but it's tempting to let my imagination run wild with a post like yours.

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Excellent to hear.  I think I do recall you mentioning that it was their best since GoE, earlier in the thread.  Wasn't sure if that was a single take based off a review stream if you really had time to digest it.  Really hoping my opinion lines up with yours because that'd be a real treat.  I've held off on both singles so far in hopes of being completely surprised with the first play – truly have no idea what to expect but it's tempting to let my imagination run wild with a post like yours.

I think you're gonna love how the album starts - a real curve ball that perfectly leads into Say Less

Got mine today cant believe how quick it got here (San Diego) so far really liking it  I was fairly underwhelmed by Blacktop so happy to have  some new jams.

I got the 200 bagged press anyone else have a little happy face sticker on the side A label?  Also the paper sleeve for the record had some writing and a stamp on it. Anyone else? 

WTF! USPS tracking just alerted of "no access to delivery location - will deliver next business day." I live in an apartment complex, never had that issue before! They usually just leave it at the door... Tf. This is why I hate working during mail delivery hours. I even have another package sitting there waiting for me today.

Edited by phantasmatt

9 minutes ago, phantasmatt said:

WTF! USPS tracking just alerted of "no access to delivery location - will deliver next business day." I live in an apartment complex, never had that issue before! They usually just leave it at the door... Tf. This is why I hate working during mail delivery hours. I even have another package sitting there waiting for me today.

That is the worst, for sure. You might be able to go to your local USPS and pick it up tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, phantasmatt said:

I’ve had that happen on days where I was at home waiting on the mailman. It’s really code for “I fucked up and missed this until it was too late to go back”.

Yeah. As someone that’s been carrying mail for a few months now I can tell you it was either a person that’s never done that route before and was filling in for a regular and genuinely got confused or they just missed your package in the truck and didn’t have time to drop it off. It’s rare but remember that mistakes can happen and your delivery person probably had the best intentions (hopefully) 

Just finished my first listen and I loved it, this was great from start to finish. I made some notes on my phone as I listened and would like to share so pls no bully

1.    Harp sounds so nice, very pretty why aren’t they used more often in songs?
    2.    Hi hats constantly switching channels, makes for a nice dream-like quality
    3.    I want to hear this track played live ASAP, that clean guitar at the second half tho 
    4.    Nice distortion solo
    5.    Another track that needs to be heard live, nice ramp up in the half of the song
    6.    Liked the song better on the album than on the video, I could focus more on the audio than on the visuals
    7.    When the band enters tho, I like the chorus and will sing that in the car lol
    8.    Like the transition into the song, and love the feel of this song, certified banger. Highlight so far
    9.    Intro drum beat- raised eyebrow, drums sound huge. Is this song about John Lennon?
    10.    Love the guitar riff, very subdued lead guitar but sounds great. Love an album fade out, I feel like I took a trip

Relapse delivered a great product, the packaging and presentation are top notch and the production is way better on this album though I never felt it was a deal breaker on DotBT. 

Thanks for reading my livejournal

11 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Just finished my first listen and I loved it, this was great from start to finish. I made some notes on my phone as I listened and would like to share so pls no bully

img?c=3&cq=256&h=400&m=0&partner=42883&q=80&r=0&u=https%3A%2F%2Ff072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com%2Fproduct-images%2FR-51M_Pair.jpg&ups=1&v=3&w=400&s=ArXeptHPbv9yn4GLKIyPcdv7
KLIPSCH R-51M BOOKSHELF SPEAKER (PAIR)
Leveraging a 1" aluminum tweeter matted to our proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded...

1.    Harp sounds so nice, very pretty why aren’t they used more often in songs?
    2.    Hi hats constantly switching channels, makes for a nice dream-like quality
    3.    I want to hear this track played live ASAP, that clean guitar at the second half tho 
    4.    Nice distortion solo
    5.    Another track that needs to be heard live, nice ramp up in the half of the song
    6.    Liked the song better on the album than on the video, I could focus more on the audio than on the visuals
    7.    When the band enters tho, I like the chorus and will sing that in the car lol
    8.    Like the transition into the song, and love the feel of this song, certified banger. Highlight so far
    9.    Intro drum beat- raised eyebrow, drums sound huge. Is this song about John Lennon?
    10.    Love the guitar riff, very subdued lead guitar but sounds great. Love an album fade out, I feel like I took a trip

img?c=3&cq=256&h=400&m=0&partner=42883&q=80&r=0&u=https%3A%2F%2Ff072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com%2Fproduct-images%2FR-51M_Pair.jpg&ups=1&v=3&w=400&s=ArXeptHPbv9yn4GLKIyPcdv7
KLIPSCH R-51M BOOKSHELF SPEAKER (PAIR)
Leveraging a 1" aluminum tweeter matted to our proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded...

Relapse delivered a great product, the packaging and presentation are top notch and the production is way better on this album though I never felt it was a deal breaker on DotBT. 

Thanks for reading my livejournal

If you enjoyed the harp on the opener you should check out Mary Lattimore’s new album silver ladders - ambient music focuses around her harp playing (she’s the one playing on the opener)

First off, the whole package is fucking amazing. The Pinwheel looks great. Haven't listened yet(or to any of the "singles"), but I know it's gonna slap.

10 hours ago, drewberinger said:

it is a bitch tho putting the o-ring back around the record sleeve and then into that bag haha

Lastly, you can do what I did: put a thin cardboard flat in the bag, then take the o-ring put that shit in the jacket, and then put all of that and the jacket, containing the record, in a poly bag. Boooom! Easy access and everything is good. 

• jhulud changed the title to PO: NOTHING - The Great Dismal (10/30/2020) & The Great Dismal B-Sides 12" (10/8/21) - Up Next: Collab w/ Full of Hell 10/11 Midnight EST