PO: NOTHING - The Great Dismal (10/30/2020) & The Great Dismal B-Sides 12" (10/8/21) - Up Next: Collab w/ Full of Hell 10/11 Midnight EST

zaoza

Just got the evil greed copy, it's spinning right now, and I have to admit, that it sounds phenomenal...the record is a little bit warped, but it does not effect the playback at all, the copy is dead silent, sound is very warm and clean, it's definitely the best sounding nothing vinyl I own and among the best ones I have in general. The production of this record is great and combined with good pressing the result is surprisingly great, to be honest I did not expect that,  this is like miles ahead of DATB in every aspect. I almost stoped regretting that I spent way to much money on this record, as 3 more copies are still to come ;) ps it also looks almost as good as the mock ups;)

6 hours ago, qula said:

Just got the evil greed copy, it's spinning right now, and I have to admit, that it sounds phenomenal...the record is a little bit warped, but it does not effect the playback at all, the copy is dead silent, sound is very warm and clean, it's definitely the best sounding nothing vinyl I own and among the best ones I have in general. The production of this record is great and combined with good pressing the result is surprisingly great, to be honest I did not expect that,  this is like miles ahead of DATB in every aspect. I almost stoped regretting that I spent way to much money on this record, as 3 more copies are still to come ;) ps it also looks almost as good as the mock ups;)

You're the second person to have a warped copy from evil greed. I'm worried. 

Today i received the 4 variant from Relapse and the good news is that there were no customs fees to pay, the bad news is that Radio-Active Records sent me the standard blue with silver splatter and not the tricolor blue/white/magenta i ordered and that is probably my favourite variant.....Damn!!!

1 hour ago, daniele said:

Today i received the 4 variant from Relapse and the good news is that there were no customs fees to pay, the bad news is that Radio-Active Records sent me the standard blue with silver splatter and not the tricolor blue/white/magenta i ordered and that is probably my favourite variant.....Damn!!!

Jeez it's almost as if variant-hunting comes with some pitfalls. Try contacting the label.

2 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

I'm pretty sure a stan is the opposite of that and you meant to call this thread a bunch of stans using kyle energy.

Nah I meant stan like “this band can do no wrong” as in I even love DOTB . I think this album is very good but to say it’s better than GOE or TOT I mean GTFOH

2 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

Nah I meant stan like “this band can do no wrong” as in I even love DOTB . I think this album is very good but to say it’s better than GOE or TOT I mean GTFOH

Ah a twist haha. I too love DotB but then I'd rank ToT last easily because I get bored trying to finish it. I'll do mine and keep this going

DotB > GoE > TGD > ToT

13 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

Ugh. I’ll be that guy:

The Great Dismal>Guilty of Everything>Tired of Tomorrow>Dance on the Blacktop 

I’m right there with you, except I actually slightly favor Tired of Tomorrow over GoE. 

It only took one not very in depth listen to Great Dismal and it was my favorite Nothing record.

Unrelated to the band but posting here cuz it's an active thread and I dunno where else to mention it: The site got an update and yet clicking thread stars still take you to just below your first unread post instead of just above it?

Yeah, yeah, I know this is petty but I've gotta know why this happens. Also I like this album, revolver /100 should be coming in any day now.

FFS. My red tape arrived a while ago. I thought my /100 butterfly would be following really soon. 

Checked tracking today and it was 'delivered' on the 29th Oct. I was out all day, so someone in my block of flats must have answered and taken it or something. Much rather have lost the tape. 🥵

• jhulud changed the title to PO: NOTHING - The Great Dismal (10/30/2020) & The Great Dismal B-Sides 12" (10/8/21) - Up Next: Collab w/ Full of Hell 10/11 Midnight EST