[PO] The Avalanches — We Will Always Love You

angryalan

The Avalanches return with a third album, We Will Always Love You, and it only took four years this time.

Release date is December 11th

At the moment there are five variants, all 2xLP:

• Standard Black
  • Coke Bottle & Kelly Green swirl/merge
  • "Deluxe" Double Mint & Electric Blue swirl/merge
  • Picture Discs (potentially with a signed inner sleeve)
  • Yelllow (Newbury Comics exclusive)

PO Links:

U.S.

Standard Black

Picture Discs (gatefold / not signed)

Yellow (Newbury Comics Exclusive /1000)

Europe

Picture Discs (gatefold / signed sleeve) (UK) SOLD OUT

Deluxe Double Mint & Electric Blue swirl/merge (gatefold /3000)(UK)

Standard Black (signed sleeve) (UK) SOLD OUT

Coke Bottle & Kelly Green swirl/merge (Germany)

Deluxe Double Mint & Electric Blue swirl/merge (gatefold /3000) (Germany)

Standard Black (Germany)

Australia

Standard Black

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The story behind the cover art:

We're very happy to share with you the cover for our new album, "We Will Always Love You". 

Designed by our dear friend Jonathan Zawada, the sleeve features Ann Druyan, (Creative Director of the Voyager Golden Record Project), who’s cosmic love story inspired this music. 

In keeping with the album's theme of everlasting love as an undying vibration, Ann's image was run through a spectograph, turned into sound, and back again. The image remains hidden, deep within in the grooves of the music, for you to discover if you wish. 

An exploration of the vibrational relationship between light, sound and spirit, "We Will Always Love You" will be available for pre-order next week, with more details to follow soon. 

Interstellar Love, 

The Avalanches

Edited by angryalan

That spectograph stuff is objectively fascinating but personally spooky af so I'm going to steer clear & wait for some other variants to show up. Although IIRC there were only 2 variants total for Wildflower?

Still waiting for the long-promised box set of the 1st album...

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

Based off the singles so far, I’m really tapering expectations for this album.

5 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Still waiting for the long-promised box set of the 1st album...

Most keen on this.  SILY dropped on 11/27 of 2000, so I imagine they’re waiting for the true 20 year anniversary before unveiling it.  That’s my optimism anyway.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Most keen on this.  SILY dropped on 11/27 of 2000, so I imagine they’re waiting for the true 20 year anniversary before unveiling it.  That’s my optimism anyway.

A select few of those 4xLP SILY box sets were released into the wild. Some ended up on eBay. I'm pissed I missed out on snagging one.

https://www.popsike.com/The-Avalanches-Since-I-Left-You-4LP-DELUXE-VERY-RARE-COLLECTABLE-33-TRACKS/114154577294.html

11 minutes ago, angryalan said:

A select few of those 4xLP SILY box sets were released into the wild. Some ended up on eBay. I'm pissed I missed out on snagging one.

https://www.popsike.com/The-Avalanches-Since-I-Left-You-4LP-DELUXE-VERY-RARE-COLLECTABLE-33-TRACKS/114154577294.html

Ugh.  That’s a beaut.  $166 + shipping from Australia is rough though.  The fact these are shrinkwrapped suggests a pretty big production, to me, and I’d love to grab one for $60-$80 stateside.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Ugh.  That’s a beaut.  $166 + shipping from Australia is rough though.  The fact these are shrinkwrapped suggests a pretty big production, to me, and I’d love to grab one for $60-$80 stateside.

Yeah it would suggest there WAS a lot produced, however the fact that its obviously been in the works for years and maybe even produced in 2017 could mean that its been totally pulled and even destroyed for some odd reason? Very unusual for a release sitting around that long, can't imagine they were just waiting for 20th aniversary!

8 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Yeah it would suggest there WAS a lot produced, however the fact that its obviously been in the works for years and maybe even produced in 2017 could mean that its been totally pulled and even destroyed for some odd reason? Very unusual for a release sitting around that long, can't imagine they were just waiting for 20th aniversary!

Yeah, I agree, it makes no sense.  I went to be nosey and fish for any kind of info from the label who allegedly handled it, but their e-mail is now retired.  Website is up but Contact page refuses to load, and they haven’t been active on Facebook since 2018.  Weird stuff.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I agree, it makes no sense.  I went to be nosey and fish for any kind of info from the label who allegedly handled it, but their e-mail is now retired.  Website is up but Contact page refuses to load, and they haven’t been active on Facebook since 2018.  Weird stuff.

Yeah Modular are now defunct (lawsuits and all sorts with the founder i think) and was subsumed in to Universal , however that happened before 2017 and the previous standard reissues, so that can't be the issue either. Maybe the remixes themselves contain troublesome samples that just can't be cleared! Whatever the issue its certainly annoying!

5 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Yeah Modular are now defunct (lawsuits and all sorts with the founder i think) and was subsumed in to Universal , however that happened before 2017 and the previous standard reissues, so that can't be the issue either. Maybe the remixes themselves contain troublesome samples that just can't be cleared! Whatever the issue its certainly annoying!

Absolutely.  If we hear nothing at all before the year is over, I’m going to call it a wash and give up any hope of finding one at a reasonable cost, outside of eBay.

Anyways.  Not to derail the thread.  I don’t hate the direction they’re progressing as a band, but SILY will always have a soft spot with me.  Wildflower is pretty solid but nowhere near as consistent as SILY for me, and I imagine this new one will be comparable.  I’ll gladly check it out with an open mind.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Absolutely.  If we hear nothing at all before the year is over, I’m going to call it a wash and give up any hope of finding one at a reasonable cost, outside of eBay.

Anyways.  Not to derail the thread.  I don’t hate the direction they’re progressing as a band, but SILY will always have a soft spot with me.  Wildflower is pretty solid but nowhere near as consistent as SILY for me, and I imagine this new one will be comparable.  I’ll gladly check it out with an open mind.

Same and same.