PO: PUP - This Place Sucks Ass (10/23/2020)

No one cares, Shitty Rambo. An issue of Adbusters from 1996 called; they want their outrage over marketing-hype energy back.

We are merely mocking you for reading so much into a casual statement from a member of a punk-rock band who says what any pop musician understands: Art reflects the time it's made in.

Imagine being triggered and pearl-clutch-y about that. LMAO. 

And then take a swipe at their being Canadian to articulate that butt-hurt. Again, because an artist hyped their new EP by suggesting the music sonically reflects the times we're in. OUTRAAAAAGGGEEEEEE!!!

Reactionary much? The foundation of fascism is that reactionary, nihilist, leave-me-the-fuck-alone-but-in-the-depths-of-my-hypocrisy-I-will-post-deranged-attention-seeking-tier-whiny-bloggy-rants-at-the-drop-of-a-hat-because-I-can't-avoid-persecution-complex energy that oozes out of your fingertips as you type.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

3 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

We are merely mocking you

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

We? You're the only one loosing your mind here. Chill bro. Canada sucks ass, America sucks ass, as pup said "This place sucks ass". We're just here hoping a new song pops up or maybe a cool variant. Chill out on the 3 pages of over the top responses where you argue with yourself. As somebody else said, keep that shit over on reddit!

On 9/20/2020 at 3:06 AM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

but I still think your username is detracting from your message.

At least you're honest about your bias. An organisation invented to chase, capture and (often) kill escaped slaves will never get any love from me.

You can pretend policing is a social good. I happen to have read mountains of data, and have personal experience, that proves that presumption inarguably false.

ACAB distills this notion. The stupid literalist approach is to read into it literally. The smart person knows what ACAB signifies is that the institution of policing is irredeemably crap; and anyone entering into the profession cannot avoid being marked by that crapitude. 

It also overturns the whole "good apple" myth. Anyone who's picked apples know one rotten apple spoils the bunch.

P.S. Randy Savage was ACAB. If you know the Waffle House story, you know this to be fact. If you don't, are you really even a 'rasling mark?

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

5 hours ago, danmpie7 said:

I saw this jumped an entire page over the weekend and thought it was about more variants (as if there weren't enough already) just to find it it is slowly turning into a Brand New thread. 

Yep, this thread just reminded me how dumb this forum is sometimes and why I only check it about once a week these days.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:34 PM, kylet said:

We? You're the only one loosing your mind here. Chill bro. Canada sucks ass, America sucks ass, as pup said "This place sucks ass". We're just here hoping a new song pops up or maybe a cool variant. Chill out on the 3 pages of over the top responses where you argue with yourself. As somebody else said, keep that shit over on reddit!

Literally several other people have chimed in to push back against Shitty Rambo. Are you blind?  Or cherrypicking to justify your biased view?

Don't fucking tell me what to do: How about that?

5 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Literally several other people have chimed in to push back against Shitty Rambo. Are you blind?  Or cherrypicking to justify your biased view?

Me:  Chill out. It's all good. Let's all get along and just enjoy pup, I assume the reason we're all here. 
You: DON'T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

You're something else. 

Edited by kylet

5 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

PS: I live 10 minutes from the Canadian boarder. I have a nexus and cross 20-30 times a year. I'm basically Canadian! 

But seriously just relax. There's a time and a place for your aggressive activism. A message board about record collecting is not one of them. 

Edited by kylet

6 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

At the very root of things, this is about a release from a pop punk band.

Take it to DMs if you guys need to be banshees too each other about insignificant shit. 

Man, I wasn't even trying to stir up no 'REEEEEEEE' style bullshit in the first place. To be completely honest, it really sucks investing time into a community that ALWAYS devolves into dudes from the fragile majority dog piling me for saying some shit they don't like. Sorry my brown ass doesn't see eye-to-eye with everyone all the fucking time. it's whatever at this point, ain't nothing new to me. Wish I could speak openly here without getting my ass ripped, but it is what it is. 

I'm not gonna stop pointing out sketchy ass behavior from privledged musicians when I see it, regardless of how it makes some upper middle class Chads feel. If you don't like hearing the opinions of brown people then fuck you in general. 😘

PUP's PR wasn't being malicious, just goofy, it ain't a crime and I wasn't mad about it, just laughing at it lol. I'm looking forward to this EP 😁

2 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Kinda weird they're doing so many variants for an EP, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Morbid Stuff had half as many across different retailers like this?

https://www.discogs.com/PUP-Morbid-Stuff/master/1527443

There's 15 different vinyl versions on Discogs. They like variety, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Color your own variant is delayed a week. 

Hi all!

You're getting the following email because you ordered a copy of PUP's This Place Sucks Ass Color Your Own LP.

Due to a delay in manufacturing of the "color your own" LPs, these will ship out a week after street date.
Please note we are doing everything in our power to get them out to you as soon as manufacturing is complete! Please keep an eye on your inbox for your shipping confirmation.

Also, please please please keep in mind that all shipping carriers are expercining an overwhelming number of packages due to Covid issues. Please do not be alarmed by shipping delays, or lack of label scans from carriers. We are seeing this across the board, and is unfortunately a common occurrence. International orders are experiencing an even higher volume of delay.

If you have any concerns with the delay, please visit, and fill out a customer service form here:

Thank you again for your order, and your understanding of the situation!

Sincerely,
Eric
Night Owls
Fulfillment Team