Amoeba Vinyl Club

https://amoebavinylclub.com/?_bta_tid=13063185115476386670785979749691764988820192598639984783826679934273587609519987993116403017282548838663

Long n short: $30 a month. Colored vinyl. "Deluxe" cover by different illustrator every month.

Compilations curated by Amoeba.

This won't last long...I'm sure. I went ahead and subscribed to give it a try. Maybe I find a new artist I don't know? Maybe I never even spin it. Who knows!?

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The club craze is too stronk to keep up with, these days.  I saw a different one about a week ago that was getting an exclusive colored press of DCFC's Plans.  Maybe everyone is moving in on that turf since VMP is (allegedly) losing membership in the market with that price spike.

That's Bandbox. I got 2 Ride records from them for $14 and just cancelled. Solid deal.

Wow. After looking at that list

3 hours ago, dreamover said:

So it's basically an exclusive variant of the already-existing vinyl moon club. You can get a good idea of what the records contained by checking that out. https://vinylmoon.co/

Wow, after looking at that list, it's a easy, and hard pass.

4 hours ago, dreamover said:

So it's basically an exclusive variant of the already-existing vinyl moon club. You can get a good idea of what the records contained by checking that out. https://vinylmoon.co/

What the fuck is this? It this seriously 58 “mixtapes” w/ various artists in vinyl? Who the fuck buys this and what a goddamn waste materials and plant space. Think about how many orders for great records have been delayed because of this bullshit.

6 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

That's Bandbox. I got 2 Ride records from them for $14 and just cancelled. Solid deal.

That's the one, yeah.  Don't quote me on this but I read they're supposed to have an exclusive variant each month, going forward now.  Kind of cool but, again, just overkill – I hate the idea of having to keep track of multiple subs at once, especially when it comes to canceling or reactivating membership.  And there's no 1 monthly sub that I trust to have something I need once a month.

Nice score on those Ride LPs though.

9 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

What the fuck is this? It this seriously 58 “mixtapes” w/ various artists in vinyl? Who the fuck buys this and what a goddamn waste materials and plant space. Think about how many orders for great records have been delayed because of this bullshit.

I cancelled my order and said it’s because I didn’t realize they were mixes and thought it was full albums with custom artwork, and the customer service rep informed me they are compilations not mixes and asked if that changed my mind???

1 hour ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

I cancelled my order and said it’s because I didn’t realize they were mixes and thought it was full albums with custom artwork, and the customer service rep informed me they are compilations not mixes and asked if that changed my mind???

hahahahahahahahahaha

these are HAND CURATED COMPILATIONS - not some mixtape your kid brother recorded from the radio on his walkman.

• 2 months later...

So, um, this is just a Vinyl Moon sub through Amoeba where the only differences/ Amoeba exclusive I can figure is an Amoeba obi, Amoeba branded insert, and maybe the color. Really glad I only wasted $30 once. I guess if I spent hundreds a month at Amoeba, the 10% off would be worth it, but I live on the wrong coast.