PO: Smashing Pumpkins - CYR

29 minutes ago, highfives said:

I'm struggling with the box set.  It's like they took the WPC deluxe model, got rid of the signature and subbed in a book, then charged an extra $20.  

I haven't seen a pic of the Indie Exclusive version yet, but it sounds interesting.

And why are 2xLPs $38 now?  

I was hoping to see a deluxe version similar to Shiny and Oh So Bright, that had the 7"s 

I’m gonna be that guy and complain about variants. Don’t get me wrong I love a few different options, but once it starts pushing 4+ I think it defeats the purpose in some ways.

that being said, always a sucker for marble (also seems to be, at least for now the most limited)... until they release a pic disc, Xmas and god knows what else!

43 minutes ago, nelso330 said:

I’m gonna be that guy and complain about variants. Don’t get me wrong I love a few different options, but once it starts pushing 4+ I think it defeats the purpose in some ways.

that being said, always a sucker for marble (also seems to be, at least for now the most limited)... until they release a pic disc, Xmas and god knows what else!

Don't become a Dance Gavin Dance vinyl fan haha

2 hours ago, nelso330 said:

Don't make your way into the Nothing thread.  😂

So far it seems like this is all the options - 
http://smarturl.it/Cyr 
AUS JBHifi Exclusive: Bone
Standard worldwide: Orchid
SP store exclusive: Light Purple Marble
SP Boxset exclusive: Black Ice
Sumerian Exclusive: Pearl Marble
UK HMV Exclusive: Light baby pink
U.S. Indie Record Store exclusive: Purple Nebula  

So what do people think of the new singles? They're not terrible, but it seems we're definitely getting a double dose of the Future Embrace pt. II. Not what I was expecting considering they have one of the best drummers on the planet back in the band, and this all sounds like it could be programmed drumming.

3 minutes ago, bjorn said:

So what do people think of the new singles? They're not terrible, but it seems we're definitely getting a double dose of the Future Embrace pt. II. Not what I was expecting considering they have one of the best drummers on the planet back in the band, and this all sounds like it could be programmed drumming.

I really like them. I'd probably rank them something like

Color > Dopamine > Cyr > Wrath

Pretty clear at this point we're not getting the throwback to Gish/SD everyone's looking for, but it's also 2020 and not 1993, so maybe people need to either move on or accept.

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

They have said that nope this is Jimmy

Edited by craigeduk