PO - Coheed & Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade (Rollin Records Bootleg)

21 minutes ago, dethrock said:

It can't sound much worse than the last repress.

Edit: I see they also have Misfits - American Psycho. Has anyone actually heard any of the releases from this place?

They have some of their releases previewed on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN8ZoryqXzvih1UQUJ0s2pA

1 minute ago, vinyl21 said:

Well, if you click on the link it literally says "Unofficial Reissue on colored vinyl".

I think the emphasis may have been on the questioning of whether or not it's a double LP.  It isn't explicitly clarified on the product page, though the photo suggests it.

Embarrassing thread so far.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think the emphasis may have been on the questioning of whether or not it's a double LP.  It isn't explicitly clarified on the product page, though the photo suggests it.

Embarrassing thread so far.

Yup. I knew it was a boot, was just confused why the photo looks like a 2xLP.

Maybe it’s a random shade of green either green.

1 hour ago, dethrock said:

Has anyone actually heard any of the releases from this place?

I have a couple, they're actually pretty well done. The only complaint I have, as with any bootlegs, are the jackets for the double LP's never being big enough haha.

Never understood why boots have awesome (and typically heavy) variants but the worst jackets ever which is the easiest part

16 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Grabbed it. Been wanting this for a long time. Fine that it’s a boot as long as it sounds good. 

Same. Could never justify spending $300+ for it on ebay. I ordered one. Also makes sense that it's a 2LP. When you go to select the green there are tons of other sold out previous color variants so there must be some info on the quality of the other pressings, right? 

Says it's out October 1st so we'll know how it sounds soon. 

3 minutes ago, mootloot said:

When you go to select the green there are tons of other sold out previous color variants so there must be some info on the quality of the other pressings, right? 

I'd actually wager to guess it's just lazy coding, where that dropdown is present on all products, and only the relevant choices are active or present for the record you're viewing.  I peeked at a Tool bootleg and the dropdown list was identical.  Plus, I mean, if there were 16 prior bootleg variants... I'd like to believe someone, somewhere, would've posted about it before.  Probably.  Maybe.

I'm on a bit of a roll with getting to the bottom of the confusion in this thread using basic context.  What's the next question?

It really is the thread that keeps on giving though; you can't deny that.  Not exactly trying to trigger anyone with my master sleuthing or exemplary deductive skills.  Sorry Juan.

6 hours ago, iDealélan said:

Are these Zia preorders an indication of an official SSTB reissue?spacer.png

Personally, I don’t think so. 

That was their first major label album and it’s already seen a repress a few years ago. So, at least, Columbia knows what they have. Even the ...Keeping Secrets... repress, from a few years ago, seem to be pushed/spearheaded by of Columbia.

I have no fuckin idea why Equal Vision hasn’t done anything with SSTB in 9 years. It’s still strange to me that they didn’t press it, on initial release. I really hope something, official, does come about. We’ll probably have to wait another couple years for that. I missed out on their record in 02 and in 2011, I’m ready haha

Here’s something though: What would the track break down be for a double LP? Would it make sense, in that sense?

Edited by MyEnemy

19 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Personally, I don’t think so. 

That was their first major label album and it’s already seen a repress a few years ago. So, at least, Columbia knows what they have. Even the ...Keeping Secrets... repress, from a few years ago, seem to be pushed/spearheaded by of Columbia.

234c631e-8720-4290-8ee9-93e3618efbd9.jpeg
$700 de descuento en nuestros mejores...
Al cambiarte e intercambiar ciertos teléfonos en ciertos planes Unlimited.
verizon.com

I have no fuckin idea why Equal Vision hasn’t done anything with SSTB in 9 years. It’s still strange to me that they didn’t press it, on initial release. I really hope something, official, does come about. We’ll probably have to wait another couple years for that. I missed out on their record in 02 and in 2011, I’m ready haha

Here’s something though: What would the track break down be for a double LP? Would it make sense, in that sense?

I ended up purchasing my 2011 tour copy for $20 at the merch table, having it stolen in 2016, the fucker then sold it to a local record store, and then I bought it back from the record store for $20 again. When you get your copy, don’t let it out of your sight LOL.