PO (9/22): Fleet Foxes - Shore

JRHews

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This post didn't age well 

I was going to say... I want to go back to that timeline.  All black, 1 variant to clamor for.  

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know were all talking about the vinyl, but this live stream on the website is really great

Yeah, I'm streaming it now.  A little surprised at how well polished it sounds.  I totally get why Robin insists it's a Summer record though – so far, anyway – and I think it's a really fresh brushstroke from the palette their discography has already established.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I'm streaming it now.  A little surprised at how well polished it sounds.  I totally get why Robin insists it's a Summer record though – so far, anyway – and I think it's a really fresh brushstroke from the palette their discography has already established.

I like this WAYYY better than Crack Up already, lush and bright for the most part

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was going to say... I want to go back to that timeline.  All black, 1 variant to clamor for.  

To be fair, it was technically 4 'variants' last time, with the Lith print, signed, pure black and the colored. And were only at 5 right now...

Also, can't listen to this right now, but will watch the video later, super excited, but interested in this summer vibe you are describing, compared to the autumnal feel all their other discog has.

Edited by JRHews

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I like this WAYYY better than Crack Up already, lush and bright for the most part

Yeah, they've already had a pretty lush sound, no doubt, but I'm almost taken aback by how accessible and "full" they sound this time around.  There are still little flourishes of experimentation and what makes Fleet Foxes, Fleet Foxes.  So it's hard to complain.  Currently on Young Man's Game and have to give a nod to how energetic the percussion has been as a whole so far.  I think that's a big part of why it feels so much more "active" and Summer appropriate.

7 minutes ago, JRHews said:

To be fair, it was technically 4 'variants' last time, with the Lith print, signed, pure black and the colored. And were only at 5 right now...

Also, can't listen to this right now, but will watch the video later, super excited, but interested in this summer vibe you are describing, compared to the autumnal feel all their other discog has.

I suppose so, yeah.  The prints and signed versions are neat but I've never been (as) compelled to spend extra on multiples, myself.  Felt a lot easier and less conflicting with Crack-Up... but I guess having a nice handful of good variant options is nothing to complain about.

Yeah, they're really capturing a lot of seasonal vibes across their albums.  As a whole, Shore has a totally different energy from anything else they've done – at least speaking to whole albums – and I think you'll dig it.  Not to oversell it; I'm sure someone, somewhere, will insist they don't sound as authentic or something.

I'm pleased with it and I've still got 5 songs to go.

3 minutes ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

I mean, it is a clay variant, after all

Kinda thinking picking up an indie exclusive clear at my local record store might be the way to go with this. Almost finished with my first listen of this record and I'm such a fan.

I think (and hope) that's the joke Tommy and I were both going for. :P

You can never go wrong with clear though, in my opinion.  Probably the cheapest route between local shops or good ol' reliable Bull Moose, whenever they list copies.  Really glad to hear you're digging the first listen.