PO (9/22): Fleet Foxes - Shore

JRHews

18 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yeah I got an email too, it's cool that they do it but i don't get why they don't sign the cover, would be cooler imo

Cover would have been great. Guessing it's logistically much easier (and cheaper) to have artists sign separate, lightweight art prints - especially when it's a huge quantity like 3,000.

Edited by lethalenforcer

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Cover would have been great. Guessing it's logistically much easier (and cheaper) to have artists sign separate, lightweight art prints - especially when it's a huge quantity like 3,000.

Yep that def makes sense. As i understand it, the red vinyl will have the insert signed, and not a print but i could be wrong. "Our records will also contain a signed insert". So my guess would be that the prints from the blue copies stay at /2000 and we may get the insert of the record signed, who knows. I'm so happy right now though that the album itself is incredible, this band has not had a misstep yet.

5 minutes ago, Vega said:

"Our records will also contain a signed insert". So my guess would be that the prints from the blue copies stay at /2000 and we may get the insert of the record signed, who knows.

I think insert/print may be interchangeable terms here. My bet is that they'll sign 3,000 of the same exact thing (art print of the cover).

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about the 180-gram version of Shore (if it actually exists). The Kings Road preorder website specifically lists it as a "180g Black", whereas the regular Fleet Foxes website just lists it as Black.  There's no mention of record weight for any of the color versions on either site (anyone know if those are 180-gram or just standard weight). 

I'm going to get it either way, but I tend to like the thicker pressings when I can get them. I've done some googling but unfortunately haven't been able to find any real info on it.

Thanks in advance!

34 minutes ago, rhcp02 said:

I like how the mock art on their site is just the black vinyl haha might be better off not even having that image on there

21 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Red clay - sold out
Spotify gold - sold out
Blue with signed prints - sold out
VMP blue - 1445 remain

What's the VMP stock looking like now? I want it but would need to rejoin.. I'm afraid I'll lose the gamble of waiting for it to open up for non-members.

I finally got around to really listening to this album and I dig it. I'm kind of bummed I missed out on all those pre-orders yesterday. Might just pick up the indie exclusive clear variant closer to the vinyl release date. I really like that gold and clay color, maybe we'll see some cancellations since the vinyl release date is months out.