PO (9/22): Fleet Foxes - Shore

JRHews

2 hours ago, illkeepyouinmind said:

I finally got around to really listening to this album and I dig it. I'm kind of bummed I missed out on all those pre-orders yesterday. Might just pick up the indie exclusive clear variant closer to the vinyl release date. I really like that gold and clay color, maybe we'll see some cancellations since the vinyl release date is months out. 

I, myself, also would have been happy with just the clear vinyl pre-order.

But, I was just lucky and found out about the blue signed copies like an hour after they went on sale. For LESS than the VMP copy I originally ordered, I thought the price was more than fair.

Might not hurt to check back once in a while. Maybe more often closer to release day. 

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been a while, but I've been listening to this non-stop and am loving it so much. Definitely clicking more for me than Crack Up which I still enjoyed. Can elaborate further another time but this is honestly really great. Such a lively record, a ton of innovation and progression in sound and quite a bit more experimental than I was expecting.

It certainly feels like their least experimental record – and by far their most accessible – but those aren't critiques.  I've played the shit out of this thing, too, and am very pleased with it.  It's a whole different animal than any of their other records and I think it earns extra points there, since I've played their backlog into the ground over the years.  Apparently we're getting a new record in 2021, too, so that's extra promising.

I found more appreciation for the experimental aspects seeing Robin's Instagram stories this past week; people asking questions about certain passages and moments from the album, he explained how he did some of those, and man he thought a lot about this through a more electronic production level than I imagined. 

• 3 months later...

Received an update email from VMP. Not surprised. Anyone get anything else regarding the other variants?

We received an update that the expected ship date for your Fleet Foxes Shore order has shifted to April. This will not affect the status of your open order, and we will ship it out as soon as we are able to.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions or needs.

• 3 weeks later...

Not just VMP, this is what the band sent out for their copies:

"Hello,

Thank you for your recent purchase from the Fleet Foxes Online Store. 

The physical release of Fleet Foxes’ ‘Shore’ has been delayed to March 19th. Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at the printing plant in LA, a significant portion of the vinyl and CD production has temporarily halted. We are working closely with them and all partners to get ‘Shore’ to your doorstep as quickly as we can. We hope for a quick recovery for all and thank you for your patience.

Looking towards March, we invite you to join Fleet Foxes’ Robin Pecknold for a mini solo set to commemorate the physical release of ‘Shore.’ The performance will stream via NoonChorus on Wednesday, March 24th at 6pm PT / 9pm ET. To get your free ticket in, fill out the form here: 

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you,

Customer Service
Fleet Foxes Online Store"

13 hours ago, Shelby American said:

I think VMP might have sent theirs back because of the misprint. I certainly see copies of this everywhere. 

Interesting. I didn't realize there was a misprint issue out there until you mentioned it. If VMP was to return them because of that label issue, do you think the manufacturer would just trash the discs or would they try to pull the bad labels and reapply correct ones?

14 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Interesting. I didn't realize there was a misprint issue out there until you mentioned it. If VMP was to return them because of that label issue, do you think the manufacturer would just trash the discs or would they try to pull the bad labels and reapply correct ones?

They have to trash them there's no fixing labels. That's if that's even the reason it's delayed though. Seems likely 

Or covid it seems ha

Edited by Shelby American

4 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Just FYI, label is is not adhered it is pressed into the record when it's made.  There is no fixing them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Plaid Room has 5 copies of the clear variant back in stock now for immediate shipping.

$50 order = Free Shipping, too. 

Or buy it cheaper on ebay..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fleet-Foxes-Shore-Indie-Exclusive-Crystal-Clear-Vinyl-NEW-Sealed-LP-Album/284228534456?epid=4045140142&hash=item422d5740b8:g:KKoAAOSwG7NgWI8f