PO: RED CITY RADIO - Paradise (Dec 4th)

snowynz

6 hours ago, IanRees said:

Hey Ian, I just have a question about the download codes you guys include. Is there a reason they're such crappy quality? 160kbps is like what people used to find on Napster 20 years ago. 

29 minutes ago, dethrock said:

Hey Ian, I just have a question about the download codes you guys include. Is there a reason they're such crappy quality? 160kbps is like what people used to find on Napster 20 years ago. 

we used to do higher quality and people complained about the file size being too large.

38 minutes ago, IanRees said:

we used to do higher quality and people complained about the file size being too large.

If it was WAV files yeah I get it but there are several platforms that you could control what file size. Bandcamp is one and there are a few others where you could choose as well.

16 minutes ago, GradedOnACurve said:

If it was WAV files yeah I get it but there are several platforms that you could control what file size. Bandcamp is one and there are a few others where you could choose as well.

I believe they are specifically referring to the dropcard downloads where its just what MP3 files are uploaded. Bandcamp gets wavs uploaded.

1 hour ago, IanRees said:

I believe they are specifically referring to the dropcard downloads where its just what MP3 files are uploaded. Bandcamp gets wavs uploaded.

That I’m aware of. While I don’t think downloads are utilized like they used to be, Dropcards are the worst. That said, there are people who still use it, and options like Bandcamp are 1000% better as people could download the format of their choice or choose fob or download it and still stream with it. Much more desirable honestly and even labels like B9 and Dischord have really started to embrace it.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, IanRees said:

Yeah the average person doesn't want or need a 300MB WAV download but even making them 320kbps the size would go up by like maybe 20MB compared to 160kbps which is terrible. I agree Bandcamp is by far the best but I'm guessing it comes down to prices for you which I get. Thanks for the answer. 

54 minutes ago, dethrock said:

Yeah the average person doesn't want or need a 300MB WAV download but even making them 320kbps the size would go up by like maybe 20MB compared to 160kbps which is terrible. I agree Bandcamp is by far the best but I'm guessing it comes down to prices for you which I get. Thanks for the answer. 

I’ll look into band camp cards but the company we use exclusively uses drop cards which is a seamless experience for us. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...