PO: Soft Kill - Dead Kids, R.I.P. City (11.20.20)

4 hours ago, zeromentality said:

you sure there'll be one? like, did you read that somewhere or is this an assumption?

The linktree in their instragram profile has a direct link set up for Evil Greed, Holy Mountain, Bandcamp, and their bigcartel.  Probably a good assumption.

Two LP's packaged in deluxe tip-on jacket with digital download code. First pressing breakdown below:

- 100 - Red w/ Black Splatter + Board Game
- 100 - A/B Lime Green w/ Black Splatter, C/D Clear w/ Purple Splatter + Candy Bracelet
- 100 - Pink Haze
- 150 - Water Splatter
- 250 - Rainbow Kandi Drip
- 350 - Crack Cloud (Bandcamp Day Exclusive)
- 500 - Ultra Opaque Yellow (Indie Store Exclusive)

4 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

I wish they were still on Profound Lore, I've had a couple of bad experiences with their store so far, and they don't respond to email...

Not to mention the shipping cost to Canada and Int'l. I threw up in my mouth before I hit 'checkout'.

Edited by Mars

4 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

I wish they were still on Profound Lore, I've had a couple of bad experiences with their store so far, and they don't respond to email...

Curious to know what kind of issues you had. Multiple?

1 minute ago, Mars said:

Not to mention the shipping cost to Canada and Int'l. I threw up in my mouth before I hit 'checkout'.

I would say that’s pretty normal for a 3 lbs package from Portland to Canada. Sucks, but to blame a band for changing what they have to, or complaining about the increasing prices of shipping is stupid. You could always wait and pick it up from your local store. 

23 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I would say that’s pretty normal for a 3 lbs package from Portland to Canada. Sucks, but to blame a band for changing what they have to, or complaining about the increasing prices of shipping is stupid. You could always wait and pick it up from your local store. 

It's not normal for a 3 lb package from Portland to Ontario to cost $39. I have seen multiple websites calculate shipping differently and it has been much less.

But that isn't the point. I didn't say anything blaming the band for the cost. I agreed with a statement wishing the band was still on Profound Lore, which is the same city that I am in, and so I would not need to pay ANY shipping. 

Not to mention, none of the limited variants will be showing up at my local store.

How about you think a minute before calling someone stupid for an offhand comment? Damn I miss the downvote button.

Edited by Mars

34 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Curious to know what kind of issues you had. Multiple?

ridiculously slow shipping, even though I'm in Portland and missing a hypercolor tee, from a prior order 

Edited by BeerMonger

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

to be fair, they didnt call you stupid. they just said complaining about shipping prices is stupid. 

anyway, stoked i was able to grab a test, lime green splatter, bleach hoodie and one cent t shirt. band rules and continue to kill the merch game.

Thank you.

And with all of that, I’m going to assume your shipping cost was somewhere close to $20? Possibly more?

Mars: After you telling me it was $39 leads me to believe you bought more than just the LP(2xLP + materials would equate to about 3 lbs), and that’s, somewhere close, what it costs. It  just is what it is. You don’t have to pay it. That’s all.

Lastly, I was say this, that downvote jab has me thinking you’re the type of person that uses Yelp. 

3 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

ridiculously slow shipping, even though I'm in Portland and missing a hypercolor tee, from a prior order 

Ahhh. As long you weren’t asking about a pre order 10 days after you placed the order, I think your still in good. Shipping delays suck and are could happen for any reason(seller or Post Office), and it is just two people running the whole show, over there, so you gotta take that into consideration. Well, there are multiple ways to get a hold of Tobias. I’d say hit him up via Instagram.

51 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Mars: After you telling me it was $39 leads me to believe you bought more than just the LP(2xLP + materials would equate to about 3 lbs), and that’s, somewhere close, what it costs. It  just is what it is. You don’t have to pay it. That’s all.

Lastly, I was say this, that downvote jab has me thinking you’re the type of person that uses Yelp. 

The thing about shipping costs are that they are not the same for everyone. A store or record company often has a corporate account, so shipping a package costs much less that for the normal person shipping a package.  I have had packages from Powell's books in Portland that were heavier and a fraction of the cost, for example.

At any rate, my original comment was commiserating with a wish that the band was still on Profound Lore. Shipping costs are one of the reasons for that. 
I have already placed my order and paid the shipping.

My buddy and I order together to try to save on some shipping costs, and many times the price difference between 1 copy and 2 is only a small increase. That's not the case with the bigcartel sites from my experience.  

Lastly, the downvote thing was meant as a sarcastic, nostagic, playful jab. Seems like your yelp comment is just meant to bait, and I won't take part in any further back and forth with insults.