PO: Soft Kill - Dead Kids, R.I.P. City (11.20.20)

4 hours ago, Streiti said:

Soft Kill / Jerry A. Blitz 7'

https://poisonidea.bigcartel.com/product/soft-kill-featuring-jerry-a-new-age-fatigue-single

Shipping to germany 25 USD - so I'm out 😒

Gone by the time I got there, but a $10 7" not including shipping is a tough sell for me anyway.

9 minutes ago, mattycakes said:

Popping in to say this is great, maybe their best release.

Agreed. Some of there previous albums suffer from a lack of diversity with tracks, and I find only wanting to listen to 3-4 songs before I feel like ive heard everything I am going to hear from an album. This new album suffers from this only slightly and feels overall more of a complete album experience. Not to mention some of there best songs appear to be on this album!!

Also they just posted copies of An Open Door on CLEAR vinyl (first pressing) they found a box....

I snagged a copy since I've been meaning to find a copy, as its 2nd best work IMO...

Hurry though, I believe they only have 1 left, as it is saying they dont have 2 in stock

https://softkillsoftkill.bigcartel.com/product/an-open-door-first-pressing

Edited by nelso330

On 11/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, poweredbytrust said:

Stoked for the live stream! Purchased the record release variant, guess we'll be receiving some info about access soon.

Did you get yours yet? Mine wasn't packed well so it arrived with a crushed corner and for some reason a crease all the way across the cover like it was folded or something. The whole thing also reeks of paint but the record itself sounds great. This is such a good album, probably their best.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:06 AM, morfiend said:

Did you get yours yet? Mine wasn't packed well so it arrived with a crushed corner and for some reason a crease all the way across the cover like it was folded or something. The whole thing also reeks of paint but the record itself sounds great. This is such a good album, probably their best.

I had this sent to my sister in NYC (I'm based overseas), so I did not have a chance to check it yet. I agree though that it is probably their best record, been streaming it a lot.

Did you get any further info on the live stream? Was there something included in the package? If I understand it correctly it aired yesterday - record release variant purchasers were supposed to get access, however I didnt receive any mail or other sort of info on how to access the stream. Did you manage to view it? The teasers looked really enticing.

1 hour ago, poweredbytrust said:

Did you get any further info on the live stream? Was there something included in the package? If I understand it correctly it aired yesterday - record release variant purchasers were supposed to get access, however I didnt receive any mail or other sort of info on how to access the stream. Did you manage to view it? The teasers looked really enticing.

I received an email yesterday with a dropbox link to the livestream. It says it will be available for 1 week. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet though.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:06 PM, morfiend said:

Mine also fucking reeks lmao 

thrown in a mailer but came mint somehow

20 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Mine also fucking reeks lmao 

thrown in a mailer but came mint somehow

Mine smells awful too, haha.  Showed up mint as well, but it also only went a few hundred miles.

I'm a little disappointed that the regular sleeve wasn't included, but oh well, more reason to keep my other copy.  Album itself it great, especially the D side.

Edited by jonrawks

8 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

I received an email yesterday with a dropbox link to the livestream. It says it will be available for 1 week. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet though.

Same, I watched the livestream though and to be honest I got a little bored. The music is great but it’s basically the band playing in a basement with some clips of Portland thrown in between songs. The video is kinda dark so you can barely see the band and they don’t have the most exciting stage presence. I ended up ordering the board game version today though since I love the album so much.

Edited by morfiend

Just now, jonrawks said:

Mine smells awful too, haha.  Showed up mint as well, but it also only went a few hundred miles.

I'm a little disappointed it the regular sleeve wasn't included, but oh well, more reason to keep my other copy.  Album itself it great, especially the D side.

yeah I'm probably just going to play the white version that's on the way and just keep this on its own.  I don't know lol

I'm pretty stoked, I love this album a lot more than I thought I was gong to. The rest of their discog is great but this really was something else

1 hour ago, nelso330 said:

I know these guys are small and run it all themselves, but a little stiffener and bubble wrap goes along way. My test pressing came with all 4 corners smashed up. Quite disappointing. I feel bad complaining to them, because there so small...

they won't answer anyway lol

On 12/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, Multiverse said:

they won't answer anyway lol

Yeah, these guys are really terrible from my experience.  Has anyone gotten their first press of this yet?  I got a pre-shipment notice on 11/15 and still nothing.  Never ordering direct from them again in the future.  

1 minute ago, hallowken78 said:

Yeah, these guys are really terrible from my experience.  Has anyone gotten their first press of this yet?  I got a pre-shipment notice on 11/15 and still nothing.  Never ordering direct from them again in the future.  

Do you know what's like to be a 2-4 person team trying to ship out hundreds of records of an LP that you just put out yourself, while also raising a child, getting a storefront together and trying to do everything else it takes to keep a band going/moving? Or maybe just have some fuckin patience and it'll get to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Do you know what's like to be a 2-4 person team trying to ship out hundreds of records of an LP that you just put out yourself, while also raising a child, getting a storefront together and trying to do everything else it takes to keep a band going/moving? Or maybe just have some fuckin patience and it'll get to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They lost my last order too and screwed me.  Didn’t send me the right variant, didn’t apologize or address it, and didn’t include the download the listing said accompanied it.  I don’t feel bad for complaining about bad customer service.  

13 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

They lost my last order too and screwed me.  Didn’t send me the right variant, didn’t apologize or address it, and didn’t include the download the listing said accompanied it.  I don’t feel bad for complaining about bad customer service.  

I bet you have a Yelp account that you use regularly, yeah?

In all seriousness, I got a pre-shipment label for the 1st press of Premium Drifter and The Criminal World.  Stayed patient.  4 months later, I hit them up.  No response.  Hit 'em up again, they said they were waiting on more jackets to arrive (but somehow everybody else already had their copies except me).  Waited another month and hit them up again.  Said they'd send a replacement.  What they sent was the 2nd press - which I would've been fine with, but they didn't say anything about it.  I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to be a dick.  I asked them about the download codes that were supposed to be included (shocking that I would want to get what I paid for, right?) and they never answered.  I chalked that whole transaction up to a loss.

And here we are about to do the same thing again - so I wanted to know if everybody else go theirs so I can find out why mine magically didn't ship.  Doesn't make sense to get a tracking # for an order and then not have it update over the next 4 weeks.  

Edit: turns out they sent an email out about this yesterday and added this info to their bigcartel to let people know their process and which variants have shipped.  Mine hasn't yet, so that settles that.  

https://softkillsoftkill.bigcartel.com/preorder-info

Edited by hallowken78

13 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Yeah uh, they historically let orders slip through the cracks. Had to file a paypal case before, whenever I order from them I don't expect that it'll actually get to me lol

13 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

^^

like I'm all down for being lenient on bands and everything especially during this time but Soft Kill's service is like "if you got it, that's it, if you didn't fuck off" 

they're a step up from ordering from fucking Orm lmao

hopefully they get better  with fair critique ¯\_(ツ)_/¯