New FACEBOOK layout sucks

jhulud

I only use mine for work and Marketplace (have literally zero "friends"), use an alias as my name, and have no profile photo and obvious no other photos.    Them taking away the ability to search marketplace by newest listed in order to prompt users to pay for advertising on personal items is fucking disgusting to me.   I was really enjoying it far more than using Craigslist.   Fuckerberg and co really love to fuck over their users and take away (useful) features.

I watched that doc 'The Social Dilemma' on Netflix thus past weekend. It's pretty critical of FB and big tech and how they push their agenda and manipulative tactics to essentially monetize users.

The doc suggests that best way to minimize the control social media has on people, is to take breaks from it...well...FB have shot themselves in the foot with this new layout...sure as fuck now going to be using that shit less. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

I watched that doc 'The Social Dilemma' on Netflix thus past weekend. It's pretty critical of FB and big tech and how they push their agenda and manipulative tactics to essentially monetize users.

The doc suggests that best way to minimize the control social media has on people, is to take breaks from it...well...FB have shot themselves in the foot with this new layout...sure as fuck now going to be using that shit less. 

This is a massive reason I dumped FB 7ish years ago.   I fucking hate IG since Fuckerberg and Co took over as well.   I would sincerely pay a one time $10 in app purchase to get rid of the insane amount of ads AND let it allow me to view my feed Chronologically again.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, birdwell said:

This is a massive reason I dumped FB 7ish years ago.   I fucking hate IG since Fuckerberg and Co took over as well.   I would sincerely pay a one time $10 in app purchase to get rid of the insane amount of ads AND let it allow me to view my feed Chronologically again.

Actually, you can view your feed chronologically. I don't remember the exact way, but I did it in the settings section a while ago. Try to search for it, dude.

Can't disagree about the ads... sign me in for $10 payment for non-ads IG!   

On 9/23/2020 at 6:41 PM, jhulud said:

I watched that last night. It was pretty good but not much of it came as a surprise tbh. The one thing I did find interesting was that the Google search auto complete is different depending on where you live, your search history etc. I had always assumed that if someone searched for something, the suggestions would be the same wherever or whoever you are.