YES!  Finally!!!

Pre-orders are live for Leech's remastered "The Stolen View".   long, long out of print, and very pricey on Discogs (if you can even find it). 

USA pre-orders will be run by A Thousand Arms.  Stay tuned for more info!!!  Approx. 25 pieces will come here for them.

First single drops 10/2 after pre-orders go live (which is unusual, but hey...)  and it will be "The Man with the Hammer"

USA RESIDENTS PURCHASE HERE:

https://www.athousandarms.com/collections/distribution/products/leech-the-stolen-view-remaster-2xlp

https://leechofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-stolen-view-remaster

2xLP 180gram pink/blue

0022059675_10.jpg

Edited by Gumbo72203

6 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

This used to be a band I’d only listen to a single album of, but over and over again when I started getting into post-rock. I’m glad they’re still kicking around. 

Which album?  I’ve only spent time with 2 of theirs so far, but not this one going up for order.  I should maybe check it out.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Which album?  I’ve only spent time with 2 of theirs so far, but not this one going up for order.  I should maybe check it out.

Sorry I don’t remember which one, I’d gotten it from a sharethread on /mu/ in like 2008 or so, so it can’t be any release from after that year. I scrolled through what’s on Spotify and didn’t see any titles that I could remember. This is gonna bother me all week now lol

On 9/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, Derek™ said:

This is just as good as Gates and FBOFW.  I would say it's a bit more ambient and spacey, but just as good.  You should definitely check it out. 

On 9/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

This used to be a band I’d only listen to a single album of, but over and over again when I started getting into post-rock. I’m glad they’re still kicking around. 

They're working on new material too! 

24 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

This is just as good as Gates and FBOFW.  I would say it's a bit more ambient and spacey, but just as good.  You should definitely check it out. 

They're working on new material too! 

Listened to The Stolen View yesterday, and that was the album I’d forgotten about. It was great!

Edited by alwaysopenmouth

7 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Coming in November!

So they’re not even taking orders until November?  I guess that makes sense from a “we don’t want to oversell” perspective but it does seem to me that they could probably gauge interest or volumes of pre-orders  between now and then.

Did you end up ordering from the bandcamp?  Also, does A1KA still use any coupon codes?  That could be a deciding factor for me.  This is what... about $50 PPD otherwise?

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

So they’re not even taking orders until November?  I guess that makes sense from a “we don’t want to oversell” perspective but it does seem to me that they could probably gauge interest or volumes of pre-orders  between now and then.

Did you end up ordering from the bandcamp?  Also, does A1KA still use any coupon codes?  That could be a deciding factor for me.  This is what... about $50 PPD otherwise?

I'm holding out for A1KA.  I'm sure if you have an old code it may still work, I'm not sure.  Leech said about 25 copies will probably get sent but that hasn't been finalized.  I'm not sure they're really used to working in this sort of manner haha.  But he assured me, there will be copies coming over here. 

I think it's around $50 from bandcamp, yeah. 

17 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'm holding out for A1KA.  I'm sure if you have an old code it may still work, I'm not sure.  Leech said about 25 copies will probably get sent but that hasn't been finalized.  I'm not sure they're really used to working in this sort of manner haha.  But he assured me, there will be copies coming over here. 

I think it's around $50 from bandcamp, yeah. 

Great to know.  I think patience will pay off in this case.  I don't believe Leech have a big-enough following to warrant all 25+ copies vanishing immediately – I like my odds checking out with A1KA.  Half a hundred is just a little too steep for 1 record these days, even if it is a double LP that looks to be well produced.

19 hours ago, drds89 said:

I'll be one of the 25 for sure. "A1KA" for 10% off? Seems like that still worked last time I ordered.

Wonder like Derek said how long it will take to sell through 25 US copies? Might be worth waiting for Cyber Monday discount...

On 10/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, Derek™ said:

Great to know.  I think patience will pay off in this case.  I don't believe Leech have a big-enough following to warrant all 25+ copies vanishing immediately – I like my odds checking out with A1KA.  Half a hundred is just a little too steep for 1 record these days, even if it is a double LP that looks to be well produced.

They're up!  Go go go!

6 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

They're up!  Go go go!

You're a good person, Gumby.  Thank you for the heads up.  With that A1KA coupon that Don reminded me of, I think it was $35 and change.  Quite a bit better than $50.  Pretty pumped.

6 hours ago, twatay said:

Fuck yea! Loved their split with Thou! Ordered! 

Not the same Leech but your overuse of enthusiasm suggests that you're well aware of this already, so.