Spiritbox Thread: PO Now Eternal Blue

50 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Really want to listen to this, but really want to wait until the full length comes out (assuming it will be on the full length). Decisions, decisions...

Also, can we turn this into an all-encompassing Spiritbox thread?

Listen to it. You will be pleasantly surprised. 

And if the thread gets to two pages...I'll change the title to all-encomppassing. 

• jhulud changed the title to PO Now - Spiritbox - Holy Roller 7" Vinyl + Catch-All Thread

1. The Mara Effect 

2. Blessed Be 

3. Perennial 

Those are my top three. I really wish they did more songs in the same vein as The Mara Effect, but they seem to be experimenting a bit with each new song, like they're trying to figure out their sound. Or they just want their sound to be a bit all over the place... 

10 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

1. The Mara Effect 

2. Blessed Be 

3. Perennial 

Those are my top three. I really wish they did more songs in the same vein as The Mara Effect, but they seem to be experimenting a bit with each new song, like they're trying to figure out their sound. Or they just want their sound to be a bit all over the place... 

They've mentioned that that in general they were heavy into the Tesseract-worship on S/T and that they've found it very busy in retrospect (especially Aphids), so I doubt we'll see any songs quite like anything on the S/T again.  But if you just mean more in the sense of meandering moody atmospheric stuff, they've indicated that Constance is more representative of the album than Holy Roller.

EDIT:  Also, I just wanted to say if any of you are considering the Patreon, the Discord alone is worth the price of admission.  It's one of the most chill and positive, but still active servers I've ever been a part of.

Edited by daegor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 7:44 AM, Billich0986 said:

I wonder if they're going to include songs not technically in the singles collection, like Blessed Be, Rule of Nines, Constance, and Holy Roller. I'm hoping so... 

I wouldn't be surprised if it included Blessed Be and Rule of Nines at least.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, Billich0986 said:

I wonder if they're going to include songs not technically in the singles collection, like Blessed Be, Rule of Nines, Constance, and Holy Roller. I'm hoping so... 

unless they are saving those singles for the new record that's supposedly releasing this year

• 2 months later...
  • daegor changed the title to Spiritbox Thread: PO Now Eternal Blue