Holy Roar Records may well be out of business

ExtraFox

Didn't see this on here anywhere. If this should be in Everything Else, please move it.

Holy Roar Records founder Alex Fitzpatrick has been accused of sexual assault. He has denied it and resigned from Holy Roar. Staff and bands seem to be leaving too:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/rolo-tomassi-lead-exodus-from-holy-roar-after-label-founder-accused-of-sexual-assault

Svalbard say that Holy Roar won't be releasing their new record:

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/svalbard-will-not-be-releasing-their-new-album-on-holy-roar-records/

That said, I got my subscription copy today. Was going to enter it on Discogs and was looking around for sources for all the fun Discogs tags and came across the story.

28 minutes ago, maze2nowhere said:

Ah gotcha. I was hoping they would be able to transfer their orders to another company to fulfill them but I don’t know how the logistics of that would work. 

Their instagram said they were pulling it indefinitely I believe. I hope they go to Twelve Gauge so they can still have the connection to Deathwish.

I had no fucking clue about any of this and feel kind of shitty about it honestly because I ended up getting records from the label last bandcamp Friday. A few of the transactions that I bought straight from the band's bandcamp pages (with no affiliation with holy roar on their actual pages) , ended up coming from them instead. Then there were a few straight from them AND I preordered Respire through them. Womp womp.

23 minutes ago, buddha4281 said:

Their instagram said they were pulling it indefinitely I believe. I hope they go to Twelve Gauge so they can still have the connection to Deathwish.

I had no fucking clue about any of this and feel kind of shitty about it honestly because I ended up getting records from the label last bandcamp Friday. A few of the transactions that I bought straight from the band's bandcamp pages (with no affiliation with holy roar on their actual pages) , ended up coming from them instead. Then there were a few straight from them AND I preordered Respire through them. Womp womp.

It’s a shitty situation all around. It sucks that the selfish grotesque behavior of one person implodes an entire label and leaves some great deserving bands in the lurch. I hope all these bands are able to find new homes and get their albums released so they can get paid. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, drewberinger said:

yeah Respire also pulled their record from being released on Holy Roar - it's a fucking awesome record too so I hope they can find someone to put it out. 

Respire's "Black Line" will be released December 4th through Church Road Records:

Respire join the Church Road family with forthcoming album 'Black Line'

We are delighted to share that Respire will be joining the Church Road roster with their forthcoming album 'Black Line', out 4th December!

Quote from the band: "We witnessed Justine's dedication to artists and her ability to successfully run a label first-hand over the past several months, and putting this record out on Church Road Records is a logical continuation of this, and a chance for us all to realize our collective hard work by keeping this release on track.

In partnership with Church Road Records, we're donating a portion of the proceeds from each sale through them to Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/ Multicultural Women Against Rape. We stand with survivors, and are proud to support an organization doing such important work in our home."

500 x vinyl LP with 24 page booklet
- 100 x Blue/pink colour in colour
- 200 x pink/black galaxy
- 200 x seafoam green

500 x digifile CD w/ A3 poster

Shipping on or around 4th December.

They made it quite clear on their social media and mailing list that you can email them to get a refund on orders. It took a bit of time to get mine, but they did it.

Obviously they're refunding people who haven't emailed them, but if they haven't gotten to you, you could have just emailed them, not everything requires a PayPal dispute.

Edited by elnombre91

22 hours ago, elnombre91 said:

They made it quite clear on their social media and mailing list that you can email them to get a refund on orders. It took a bit of time to get mine, but they did it.

Obviously they're refunding people who haven't emailed them, but if they haven't gotten to you, you could have just emailed them, not everything requires a PayPal dispute.

To be fair, some people don't use social media. I don't use any of the "big three" of Twitter, Facebook, or instagram.

3 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

To be fair, some people don't use social media. I don't use any of the "big three" of Twitter, Facebook, or instagram.

Exactly...I have Facebook with a fake nickname, a bunch of real friends and all the likes to labels and bands only, for the most part i use it to receive news about music, but the Holy Roar FB page disappeared and i dind't read anything about a refound on internet, so if you send me a cancellation email with the refound written on and i don't receive the refound after 20 days i just will start a dispute, in the past i was fucked up from a few of labels/sellers and wrote tons of messages to ask explanations, then time has passed and i  wasn't able to start a dispute anymore. I don't think i'm the bad guy here.....