This fucking guy. (Virgil)

3 hours ago, kyacrash said:

wow I didn't know theb9 shut down. when did that happen? used to spend way too much time there....

Yeah the actual label closed it (no idea why) but the members created their own version called Board is Life and it feels the same.....yet not. I miss the For Sale/Trade section. As for WHEN it shut down I think it was 2027/18. 

https://boardislife.proboards.com/

Edited by FEN1XD0WN

14 hours ago, FEN1XD0WN said:

Yeah the actual label closed it (no idea why) but the members created their own version called Board is Life and it feels the same.....yet not. I miss the For Sale/Trade section. As for WHEN it shut down I think it was 2027/18. 

I need to go look later, but I legit referenced B9 board twice last week.... Shower poops and finding jeep brah

20 hours ago, FEN1XD0WN said:

What a lovely bunch. 

On 8/29/2022 at 12:55 AM, FEN1XD0WN said:

Woah! There’s a new “b9 board”??? I spent the better part of 10 years on there and strangely even met my now-wife from there hahaha. God damn that board was the best / worst at equal times 😂 RIP With Honor’s cash box and probably Br0phy

7 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Don’t forget Mental broke edge, Panic Broke Up and all the wacky auto-fill word replacements.

@jhulud can we do a word replacement on this board for ‘vinyl’?

auto-fill words is my favorite board feature ever.

I still say ice cold instead of cool 😂

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, scottheisel said:

12/18 NEVER FORGET

HAHAHA - I will also absolutely never forget when someone (it very well may have been you) mentioned how insane it was that he (Jeff) would continually edit his post count so it was always 1337 and he came unglued lol

I haven't been here for a few years and it was a few more before then since I've been active but loved a bit of the nostalgia in this thread.

3 hours ago, cj said:

HAHAHA - I will also absolutely never forget when someone (it very well may have been you) mentioned how insane it was that he (Jeff) would continually edit his post count so it was always 1337 and he came unglued lol

I haven't been here for a few years and it was a few more before then since I've been active but loved a bit of the nostalgia in this thread.

Oh my God I forgot about Jeff!  Remember when he got photoshopped into everything?  Man we were a bunch of assholes 😂😂😂

On 10/1/2020 at 1:35 AM, shenanigans said:

I remember this clearly. I know someone hit him up and was like nice seats at the Avs game. How'd you afford those? And got a refund for whatever he was waiting for.

This. Never forget. People like them don't deserve to be around the scene. RJ still shows up to shows in NYC. Such Gold actually shouted him out and I was so pissed, like do they have no idea how much money dude stole?

Dude, this writeup was amazing. Thanks for all of that. This was definitely the place to smash refresh all day long waiting for preorders to launch. It's crazy how many of those records are worth 100s of $$s now because it was pre-vinyl explosion. Now the only POs that get posted are like WB radio bands.

Find him at a Such Gold show in NYC when shows happen again. Remember shows?

It was me, I sent him an email with the photo and said cool to s3 you at the game, wherz my $60 and I got it a couple days later 😂

2 hours ago, porkdad said:

It would so sick if there were posts that went over "The Lore" of this place. I have no idea of what's happened here or what so many of these in-jokes are, but I know there's so much embedded in here. 

I joined this site nearly a decade ago and even at the time I had a lot to catch up on. The oldheads from the proboard days could probably assemble a coffee table book by now.

18 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I joined this site nearly a decade ago and even at the time I had a lot to catch up on. The oldheads from the proboard days could probably assemble a coffee table book by now.

We created a hall of Fame thread at one point to archive the history @jhuluddid that survive?

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

We created a hall of Fame thread at one point to archive the history @jhuluddid that survive?

I remember the hall of fame thread, but it was just links to threads mostly without descriptions and details etc iirc, hard to read thru everything at this point lmao

I joined in 2008 when VC/Suburban home was still some sort of label/webstore jobby and Virgil was still someone you would email about your order and Seabron was a person who also worked in the store.  I bought a lot of my first records from that place. What a weird time... online purchases skirted taxation... so much has changed.