Jump to content

This fucking guy. (Virgil)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talking shit is why the internet exists. It's good.       He ran Suburban Home Records, a low-to-mid-tier punk label. Circa 2006 he founded Vinyl Collective, which consist

All I will say is that I wish him the best on his path to recovery. Admittance is the first step. It takes courage & a lot self-insight to recognize & admit there’s a problem & start getti

Now we just need that gif of that one girl pulling her pants up and this will officially be a OG VC thread.

1 hour ago, Corgipants said:

So real question, did the beer tour ever actually happen? Can't wait for the next session of VC history time; the MTS/AFS days will be a blast to read and re-live

It did not. 
 

also, not sure if I want to re-live the whole TOYPAJ MTS fiasco. I’m sure with a little digging the main topic where it all went down can be found. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Beyond its status as a meme, I'm completely blanking on 12/18's significance. Someone who was a mod got pissed about something and deleted a bunch of threads? There was an image of a snowplow involved? 

 

You must be referring to the situation where a certain NJ mall janitor ripped a bunch of people off then deleted his threads himself (which then somehow became the staff's fault, and is why we removed the ability for users to delete their own threads).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Beyond its status as a meme, I'm completely blanking on 12/18's significance. Someone who was a mod got pissed about something and deleted a bunch of threads? There was an image of a snowplow involved? 

 

5 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

 

You must be referring to the situation where a certain NJ mall janitor ripped a bunch of people off then deleted his threads himself (which then somehow became the staff's fault, and is why we removed the ability for users to delete their own threads).

12/18 was when that mod Jeff (whose screenname was ScriptedRain) went crazy and deleted a whole bunch of shit. I think maybe he even blocked me and other folks? Can't remember now. But I will still NEVER FORGET.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever wonder what happened to some of those folks who were here since day one and either just fizzled out of THE HOBBY! or had a meltdown and disappeared?

 

Or folks like Yu. He was (and surely still is) a good kid. Or that one guy who started making jokes about the Boston Marathon bombings immediately after it happened and everyone just piled on him. 

 

There have been some interesting characters walking these halls. 

 

And there used to be a lot more female record nerds. What happened to them? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scottheisel said:

 

12/18 was when that mod Jeff (whose screenname was ScriptedRain) went crazy and deleted a whole bunch of shit. I think maybe he even blocked me and other folks? Can't remember now. But I will still NEVER FORGET.

 

 

NEVER FORGET. 

I'll never forget the snow plow picture. I may have laughed until I cried. But I did forget about the spoiler alert thing, that was so classic.

 

 

Edited by chiefwahoo
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, mitchard said:

Oh, RJ.

 

I'm still pretty butthurt about that MTS TOYPAJ train wreck. Mainly because I am still out $100+. 

Nice write up @AlexH.. Feels great to think about the good ol' days of this board. My friend Jordan, @monk0nuggets, who brought me here doesn't really post here anymore. The vibe of this board is definitely not the same. Maybe it's the ads I'm constantly drowning in. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not in my twenties anymore with nothing better to do than to sit on these boards all day long. But I just don't browse these threads  the way I used to. Used to feel like everyone was friends. Now you post something even mildly inaccurate, or buy an extra copy of something and seconds later users are jumping down your throat for being a liar, or a flipper, or whatever. Doesn't feel like we're all friends anymore at all. 

And @mitchard if you ever feel shitty about the MTS situation, just know we all got royally fucked and it coulda been worse! I think I personally bought 25 copies of the record? I wanna say they were like $50 cost each. So you do the math on that lol. I was running a mildly successful indie label at the time, focusing on the new wave of pop punk. Had become friends with RJ over the years from being involved with the same scene, touring with and putting records out for the same bands. I had purchased many copies of his other Blink releases up to that point and sold them in my webstore/distro on tour. So buying that many TOYPAJ LPs was nothing out of the norm for our relationship. And the rest was history. Never got any of that money back. Every time I start to feel shitty about it I think of my friends' bands who had thousands of dollars tied up with him between recording bills, merch, records, etc. 

Could be worse my friend. Could always be worse lol. 

Edited by kylet
Link to post
Share on other sites

haha.  All this is bringing up lots of memories. I spent so many hours here back in the day. Now I barely pop by once every few weeks.  I learned how to press records here and how to get started doing my label.  This was one of the sole places that help me sell records too before I had any social media presence or followers. I was in the Co-op record label.  I got 4 records from that and I THINK I got the partial refund of $30 too (I can't remember though).  I've always been cautious of distributors from the stories here. I try to play it real safe so I don't get into a Suburban Home/Mordam/Lumberjack/etc fiasco.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, xgrantx said:

haha.  All this is bringing up lots of memories. I spent so many hours here back in the day. Now I barely pop by once every few weeks.  I learned how to press records here and how to get started doing my label.  This was one of the sole places that help me sell records too before I had any social media presence or followers. I was in the Co-op record label.  I got 4 records from that and I THINK I got the partial refund of $30 too (I can't remember though).  I've always been cautious of distributors from the stories here. I try to play it real safe so I don't get into a Suburban Home/Mordam/Lumberjack/etc fiasco.

Perfect example of how awesome this board was. I imagine you're the only reason I would have ever heard of or checked out Old Flings when you presumably posted a (pre?)order for their album. Bought multiple copies of everything they've released, I love that band. Would never have known about them otherwise. Which isn't to say that stuff doesn't still happen in this day and age, but still. Same thing for Gaslight Anthem but with a little different ending. Lived for these boards. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website