Girl Talk - Feed The Animals/All Day !!!

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

Thanks for the heads up! I saw Girl Talk live in '07. The only memory I have of the show is a vague recollection of going up on stage. My friends and the Boston Police Department told me I had a great time.

I have a very similar story, but in Philadelphia from 2011. Smoking on stage then stage diving from an arena stage and something about fighting security after that trying to get back on stage. Great times.

Forgot to mention it was a festival and the band I was on tour with played it. I remember something about security not wanting/letting backstage either, because I tried to fight them. 

Edited by MyEnemy

6 hours ago, Rip said:

Just ordered one of each and for some reason I couldn’t add both to the same cart.  When I went to check out with All Day, everything was done in a pop-up window.  And when I went to order FTA, it took me to a completely different page.  Had no choice but to make 2 different orders.  Curious to see if I’ll get refunded shipping at alL but I doubt it.

They're aware and told me they'll refund:

• 3 weeks later...

Got Feed the Animals yesterday. Sounds great.  Packaging is decent considering this is basically a bootleg. Glad to own it.

True heads will remember that when Feed the Animals was first released, Baltimore arts collective Wham City was supposedly going to release the vinyl. This week I searched my email to find my tracking number and found this email I sent to them in 2009 asking about it, with a response from Dan Deacon lol

veNJrwp.png

Bummer 😥

Hello!

As you're probably aware, the first vinyl pressings of Girl Talk's Feed The Animals and All Day sold out in only a few hours.  Unfortunately, as we shipped copies out we discovered a larger number of damaged copies than we originally assessed—mostly with the gatefold jackets.  Although we fulfilled a large percentage of orders over the last four weeks, we regrettably didn't reach your order. 

Here are some options to still receive a copy or a refund: 

1) Wait for the repress.  Due to some of the issues with the pressing plant, we're exploring various options to improve the repress.  We are committed, though, to making 1000+ more copies, and doing it with higher quality gatefold jackets that can better withstand shipping.  It will happen!  If you want this option, you don't need to do anything.  We will keep your order on file, and you'll be at the front of the line for the repress.  We will update you monthly on the status of the repress. 

2) You can request a damaged copy, and be refunded $5-10 per jacket depending on whether the damage is minor or more significant.  The damages mostly affected the gatefold jackets, and you can let us know how much of a refund you would like for the damages when you receive it.  We will try to find copies with as minimal damage as possible.

3) Alternatively, if this is too much wait or hassle, you can request a full refund at any point in time. 

You only need to reply if you're choosing option 2 or 3. 

All the best, 

Philo

4 hours ago, kylet said:

Bummer 😥

Hello!

As you're probably aware, the first vinyl pressings of Girl Talk's Feed The Animals and All Day sold out in only a few hours.  Unfortunately, as we shipped copies out we discovered a larger number of damaged copies than we originally assessed—mostly with the gatefold jackets.  Although we fulfilled a large percentage of orders over the last four weeks, we regrettably didn't reach your order. 

Here are some options to still receive a copy or a refund: 

1) Wait for the repress.  Due to some of the issues with the pressing plant, we're exploring various options to improve the repress.  We are committed, though, to making 1000+ more copies, and doing it with higher quality gatefold jackets that can better withstand shipping.  It will happen!  If you want this option, you don't need to do anything.  We will keep your order on file, and you'll be at the front of the line for the repress.  We will update you monthly on the status of the repress. 

2) You can request a damaged copy, and be refunded $5-10 per jacket depending on whether the damage is minor or more significant.  The damages mostly affected the gatefold jackets, and you can let us know how much of a refund you would like for the damages when you receive it.  We will try to find copies with as minimal damage as possible.

3) Alternatively, if this is too much wait or hassle, you can request a full refund at any point in time. 

You only need to reply if you're choosing option 2 or 3. 

All the best, 

Philo

It stinks that yours got cut off, sorry. Looks like great customer service though. My gatefold for FTA crumpled a little on the inside, and you can only see it when the gatefold is open. To me it's just part of the vinyl game, not really a big deal at all. 

Can't say I've ever seen a choose-your-own-refund before. Hopefully most people are honest about it. 

8 hours ago, backpackoat said:

It stinks that yours got cut off, sorry. Looks like great customer service though. My gatefold for FTA crumpled a little on the inside, and you can only see it when the gatefold is open. To me it's just part of the vinyl game, not really a big deal at all. 

Can't say I've ever seen a choose-your-own-refund before. Hopefully most people are honest about it. 

Yeah it’s a bummer I didn’t make the cut, but I’m happy they’re being transparent and not just sending me a beat to shit copy. I’m not gonna say anything and just wait for the repress. Hopefully it eventually shows up. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest update emailed out today:

The project has advanced nicely since the last update, with two milestones: 

1) Girl Talk, his engineer, and a vinyl expert all approved the test pressings.

2) The printer finished the jackets in April and shipped them to the plant.  

We are now in the queue at the pressing plant as a "workable" project.  While they do have large orders in front of us, they are hoping to squeeze us in for completion early to mid-July.  We were hoping for a more specific date, but we'll take their best efforts to get our projects pressed between more extensive projects.  According to the plant, everyone in the vinyl industry is overbooked (they weren't surprised that our jackets took so long). 

We are adjusting the release date for preorders to late July but hope to begin shipping earlier in the month.  I will be following up with the plant regularly.  Any significant updates will be emailed (like this!), but note that we also might post minor updates at https://twitter.com/gtvinyl.

We're excited to see this batch finally get pressed!

Philo