Laura Jane Grace - Stay Alive

1 hour ago, lostcrimes said:

Wasn't a fan of DM either but something tells me this will be way different and better.

Guess I'll find out in like six and a half hours. 

Absolutely nothing at all tells me it will sound a lot like DM meets AM! I hope it's even better than that, but my hopes are low. I like DM a good bit (I'm only missing a blue copy of that album), and I adore AM! like my 1st child. I just hope this isn't a bastard stepchild in the discography. Fingers crossed y'all. I'm blind buying anyway.

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Absolutely nothing at all tells me it will sound a lot like DM meets AM! I hope it's even better than that, but my hopes are low. I like DM a good bit (I'm only missing a blue copy of that album), and I adore AM! like my 1st child. I just hope this isn't a bastard stepchild in the discography. Fingers crossed y'all. I'm blind buying anyway.

On the radio interview she did where she announced the album she said its just her and an acoustic guitar.  It was recorded in Chicago with Steve Albini as well.

20 minutes ago, yeah_totally said:

On the radio interview she did where she announced the album she said its just her and an acoustic guitar.  It was recorded in Chicago with Steve Albini as well.

That has me pretty intrigued. If I remember correctly that's essentially how Against Me started before adding in the rest of the band. I'd be super down for some stripped down songs. Looking forward to checking it out.

1 hour ago, brandy said:

Any recent must-haves from them? Always loved them but falling off the grid a little in catching up on their releases!

From the last few years; Ana Burch, Jay Som, Hazel English, Yumi Zouma, Alvvays, Kero Kero Bonito, Shy Boys. Fred Thomas, Palehound, Tancred & White Reaper.

1 hour ago, drewberinger said:

They also have the recent tour press of RAR in case anyone wants one. 

https://againstme.myshopify.com/products/against-me-reinventing-axl-rose?variant=32587193024583

edit: also looks like the LJG exclusive is limited to around 1,000? Unless some was set aside for an eventual tour. I think the polyvinyl version is a cooler looking variant though. 

Edited by revisited