PO: Less than Jake - Silver Linings

2 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Are these 100 (and the other alternate cover) included in the original press numbers? Or are these an additional 100 of those particular variants?

Yea, this is confusing, it looks like this one in the pic, which sold out super quick 

300 - PN 1 - Blood Red / Neon Yellow / Kelly Green Tri Stripe

2 hours ago, kyacrash said:

lol purenoise strikes again.  I gotta say that's a pretty crummy marketing scheme....

I have to agree with you on this one. I have multiple variants of most LTJ albums but I’m not much of a fan of shelling out for shit that no one would buy otherwise to get the exclusive variant. I think I’ll take my indie variant and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, kas1985 said:

I have to agree with you on this one. I have multiple variants of most LTJ albums but I’m not much of a fan of shelling out for shit that no one would buy otherwise to get the exclusive variant. I think I’ll take my indie variant and call it a day. 

It’s not a exclusive variant, idk where you’re getting this from. Its 100 units of the tri-stripe /300

• 3 weeks later...

Same, got a shipping notification for the 3xLP bundle this morning.

There's also another new alt cover bundle, this time with a slipmat, limited to 100. Has the blood red 2nd press vinyl. Uses  the robot Evo Kid design.

https://www.merchlimited.com/products/less-than-jake-silver-linings-slipmat-bundle

58 minutes ago, ROVVLES said:

LTJ is starting to lose my support with all of these extra variants and represses. lol

We repressed this album because the 1st pressing mostly sold out.. not supporting a band because their album is readily available and trying to make money when they can't tour is a very strange concept to me.

39 minutes ago, IanRees said:

We repressed this album because the 1st pressing mostly sold out.. not supporting a band because their album is readily available and trying to make money when they can't tour is a very strange concept to me.

Already bought multiple variants, nice attempt to throw shade. Will keep response in mind for the next pre-order though. Cheers!

Also, my complaint includes the recent B-Sides and Anthem fiasco. Were those PNR releases as well?

Edited by ROVVLES

15 minutes ago, ROVVLES said:

Also, my complaint includes the recent B-Sides and Anthem fiasco. Were those PNR releases as well?

lol. You're angry at people when you don't even know they were involved. They were not. Pure Noise is doing their new album, and honestly did a job getting it in on time, etc.

Anthem and B-Sides was through Smartpunk Records and likely some help from the band.

Edited by MCDELTAT

To be fair, this is the same band that has 30+ different versions of a split 7" with a Japanese band.  So complaining that a band that has always put out different variants of releases, and are collectors themselves, is putting out too many variants is odd. If people are willing to buy them, cool, have at it. It's not like this was unexpected. The alt cover variants is something PN has done with I believe every release they've been involved with. Sound the Alarm was no different.

35 minutes ago, ROVVLES said:

Already bought multiple variants, nice attempt to throw shade. Will keep response in mind for the next pre-order though. Cheers!

Not trying to throw shade, just a very odd statement to me.

They were not. Silver Linings & Sound The Alarm are our only LTJ titles.

Edited by IanRees

10 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

The alt cover variants is something PN has done with I believe every release they've been involved with. Sound the Alarm was no different.

You are correct, we do them for almost every album we release on vinyl.

2 hours ago, ROVVLES said:

LTJ is starting to lose my support with all of these extra variants and represses. lol

Most people would be thrilled they have more access to great albums. Only variant collectors are mad. But then, why are you a variant collector anyways? Don't you want variants?