Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Livid I missed that Wax Mage. Figured they’d be up on Rad Cult for whatever reason.

I was under the same impression.  I think I saw a Facebook post a week or two ago that encouraged everyone to sign up for the Rad Cult newsletter, especially if they're interested in limited drops.  The irony.  I got the newsletter about 15 minutes ago.  So much for that.

2 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

3 copies of the October batch went on sale again while I was dithering on buying this, so I bought one. Stoked even though it means a couple of other labels don't get my money today. Came to over $60 CAD for just this.

Yeah, shipping to Canada/vinyl prices in general feel like they are getting out of control. Feels like this is pretty much the standard price for 1LP from a small label, 2 is getting closer to 80-90. 

23 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

Yeah, shipping to Canada/vinyl prices in general feel like they are getting out of control. Feels like this is pretty much the standard price for 1LP from a small label, 2 is getting closer to 80-90. 

I've long ago stopped buying anything via mailorder from the US unless it's an exclusive/I know will sell-out in PO. Just not worth it.

That being said, the outer sleeve treatment of this album is why it's more expensive than most.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, rooks said:

So, my copy miraculously made it without getting Fucked Up - but Rad Cult really kept the packaging thematic by shipping this in a glorified envelope.

Yikes. Mine will probably be toast by the time it gets over the boarder. 

Did you get a shipping notice or any tracking or did it just sort of show up?

• 4 months later...

So did anyone catch what the hand-poured edition of FUF3 that went onsale about four hours ago looked like and how much it went for?

I wasn't going to seriously try to buy one (a little too broke/saving for other "drops" this week, and also Rad Cult's non-hand-poured variants are awesome regardless) but I'm curious and don't want to wait until September 2021 to look at some dodgy Discogs pics of it.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

22 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

So did anyone catch what the hand-poured edition of FUF3 that went onsale about four hours ago looked like and how much it went for?

I wasn't going to seriously try to buy one (a little too broke/saving for other "drops" this week, and also Rad Cult's non-hand-poured variants are awesome regardless) but I'm curious and don't want to wait until September 2021 to look at some dodgy Discogs pics of it.

There was no mock-up but it was $65, $74 after taxes and shipping.

I was ready to check out, winced and hesitated when I saw shipping was $1000 to Canada (figured it was a glitch) and it was gone by that point. 

He mentioned on Reddit that the hand poured records are done through wax mage and they limit orders to 25, no exceptions. 

Edited by DoublesGuy

2 hours ago, DoublesGuy said:

I was ready to check out, winced and hesitated when I saw shipping was $1000 to Canada (figured it was a glitch) and it was gone by that point. 

He mentioned on Reddit that the hand poured records are done through wax mage and they limit orders to 25, no exceptions. 

Reverse eBay pricing, where the record will be $1,000 and shipping will be $65...