Test Pressings

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only one i have is Old Man Gloom - Christmas. i had to wake up on christmas day and log onto hydraheadshop where they were going to put fifty up there for purchase. its got my name on it and numbered 34/50. its pretty sweet.

i recently was sniped out of a They Might Be Giants promo test press. i was very pissed.

Here are some of the test presses I have and how I got them:

Sex vid-Tania 7"-I know the guy who put it out and he gave me one

Defect, Defect-Yeah, I'm a terrorist 7"-Good friends with the band, got one from a member

Earth Crisis-Destroy the Machines LP-Bought it and an huge earth crisis/7gen lot from this dude who broke edge and sold out. Got the whole lot for just under 150, which is a steal if you ask me.

the only one i have is Old Man Gloom - Christmas. i had to wake up on christmas day and log onto hydraheadshop where they were going to put fifty up there for purchase. its got my name on it and numbered 34/50. its pretty sweet.

i recently was sniped out of a They Might Be Giants promo test press. i was very pissed.

Fucking jealous.

I basically shelled out for the test pressings I got, but I'm working on getting more current stuff (like yet to be released or coming out), which is slightly cheaper. Once a band is popular (like the Rumbleseat one I bought) it's not going to be cheap.

But I did get ones for Fifth Hour Hero and This is My Fist for like $25 a piece I think. I was stoked.

Mine have all been acquired via either eBay or the band themselves...smaller bands that were small at the time...

how sick would shai hulud tests be?? ceraintly back-hair-burning sick!

Hells yeah. I actually had a chance for a test press of "A Profound Hatred of Man" 7"...I tried to snipe it but some kid beat me out of it...for a low price too!...Turns out that he had just started to build up his collection..."That Within..." was already 2 years old by then...

I was mad as hell that I got beat out by some passive fan...and I know this b/c he was a member of the official board (which you know I mod)...he won it...bragged about it...and then just disappeared. Stopped posting altogether. Some fan he was.

Screeching weasel - boogada - Ebay

Screeching weasel - enemies - ebay

Ben Weasel - Fidatevi - Dr Strange records

Young Livers - New Era - Fest - No idea sale

Necro - Gory Days 2xlp - ebay for 99 cents

Guttermouth 7" - ebay

10 foot pole - insider LP - ebay

New Mexican Disaster Squad / Western Addiction - from NO Idea records

Sooo.... mostly ebay is my answer

i dont have too many but heres what i have:

Cold World "s/t" /10 - bought from the label

Japanther/The Sneeze split #12/15 - ordered the regular 7" from the label and they sent me a test press as well.

v/a "El Guapo" comp. lp - 2nd pressing test - ebay for next to nothing (has Charles Bronson, Spazz, Apt 213, etc.. on it)

I have two test presses and the highest I paid for one was like 25 maybe? I guess no one likes Joan of Arc.

Dude, someone is selling a Made Believe 7" in the trade section. I don't know if you have it or want it or not, but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks for letting me know, but I already have it. Also Mike Kinsella isn't in Make Believe ;)

But I do appreciate you informing me!