PO: Seahaven - Halo of Hurt (11/20)

26 minutes ago, Coast said:

Excellent first listen. Was putting off picking this up, but ordered the indie exclusive after listening in full. Question for anyone who has a copy already: is the download card that comes with the record by any chance one that redeems to Bandcamp? Don't have much experience with Pure Noise, so I'm just trying to gauge if I should just pull the trigger on a digital copy there or if I should just wait it out until I get my copy in hand. 

Thanks in advance. 

Dropcards

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

Been putting off getting this as the single didn't wow me, nor the cover art, so the vibe seemed off from Reverie Lagoon but now I'm considering it.

It doesn't hit the Reverie Lagoon vibe even once but it didn't disappoint me which is... unexpected considering how much I wanted more of that sound

1 hour ago, IanRees said:

Dropcards

Thanks for the response. I like the options in format that Bandcamp provides, so I'll definitely be grabbing a copy there. We're also close enough to the next Bandcamp Friday (Dec. 4th) that I'll just wait it out until then. 

Congrats to you and your team on the release.

Edited by Coast

19 hours ago, Coast said:

Excellent first listen. Was putting off picking this up, but ordered the indie exclusive after listening in full. Question for anyone who has a copy already: is the download card that comes with the record by any chance one that redeems to Bandcamp? Don't have much experience with Pure Noise, so I'm just trying to gauge if I should just pull the trigger on a digital copy there or if I should just wait it out until I get my copy in hand. 

Thanks in advance. 

I didn’t buy this album but the downloads for Pure Noise releases are usually 192 kbps which sucks.

Just got through my first spin, and WOW. Probably the only album to come out this year that I have instantly fallen in love with. Incredible moody atmosphere throughout. The closing track is my favorite so far. 

Disappointed in the lack of written lyrics somewhere in the package, especially seeing as they opted for a gatefold jacket. 

Was so stoked cause I’m waiting for the record to give this a first listen, and for some reason instead of delivering my record today, it’s at the post office “ready for pickup” and marked delivered.  what ? It’s a global pandemic and I’m being told it’s best to stay home, and you want me to go stand in line at the post office ? Makes sense. 

4 hours ago, tokimedo said:

Was so stoked cause I’m waiting for the record to give this a first listen, and for some reason instead of delivering my record today, it’s at the post office “ready for pickup” and marked delivered.  what ? It’s a global pandemic and I’m being told it’s best to stay home, and you want me to go stand in line at the post office ? Makes sense. 

That happened to me recently and when I went to get it the next day, they couldn't find it because it went out for delivery again even though they didn't scan it as such. They've missed a few days recently. I still haven't gotten Saturday's mail.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...