PO - Green Day - Insomniac 25th Anniversary 2LP

On 3/31/2021 at 8:14 AM, Sad Heart said:

Got a new stylus today. Gonna use this pressing as one of the test albums. 

I got a new turntable 3 days after this album came in. (upgraded my old Essential Phono/USB to a Debut Carbon EVO and it is SICK.) as I had already listened to this twice on the old one it made an obvious comparison record and man it sounded so damn good. and it already sounded good on the old table. big upgrade tho

9 hours ago, tape said:

I got a new turntable 3 days after this album came in. (upgraded my old Essential Phono/USB to a Debut Carbon EVO and it is SICK.) as I had already listened to this twice on the old one it made an obvious comparison record and man it sounded so damn good. and it already sounded good on the old table. big upgrade tho

That’s what’s up. I just put on an Audio Technica VMN40ML and it sounds so good. It’s more focused and drums are sounding really good. Improved sound stage as well. 

So I got two copies with Black A records, and Orange B records.  The email I got from Warners says that I do not need to return the black records in order for them to send me orange records to fix their mistake.

Does anyone have an extra Black B record that they want to trade for one of my A records?  Maybe someone that had the same thing happen to them?

Welp. I’m buying those Klipsch Forte IVs. Holy shit. I’ve never heard such accurate low ends and amazing sound stage. Thankfully I can get a killer discount on them. Cause once you hear them, there’s no going back. Insomniac sounded fantastic on the set up. I really felt every kick drum, and Mike’s bass tones really shined. 

sx4VZVm.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, lastvaultboy said:

Thanks for that. I failed in being specific about an orange press. 

hmm, I think the GD email to people that got a mixed batch said something about there being more oranges on the way soon? but idk if they just made enough to send out replacements to the folks that got black or if they're doing another full run... but if they are doing more oranges, it'll probably only be on the Green Day webstore.

If you're willing to settle for black though, I know someone on the GD message boards said they're selling this reissue at walmart now... so it seems to be widely available haha 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, pushbacktosquare said:

Looks like Orange is sold out via US Webstore, but is still available for Pre-Order via International. 

https://greenday.warnerartists.net/uk/insomniac-remastered-25th-anniversary-coloured-vinyl-2lp.html

Finally got my order that I put in on March 9th (shortly after I posted this comment). No tracking from International Webstore, but it was indeed orange vinyl. 

• 7 months later...