PO Now: BLOOD FROM THE SOUL - DSM-5 (members of Napalm Death, Converge, Megadeth, Nasum)

jhulud

Blood From The Soul "DSM-5"

Blood From the Soul is the vision of legendary musician Shane Embury, longtime member of extreme pioneers Napalm Death. In the early 90's Embury partnered with Lou Koller (Sick Of It All) to create the Blood From The Soul debut "To Spite the Hand That Breeds" (Earache, 1993). The album was an experimental fusion of industrial, metal, hardcore, and punk. And along with Godflesh, Pitch Shifter, Meathook Seed, and Scorn, they helped spawn a new wave of industrial-metal.

Fast forward to 2020 and Blood From the Soul has awakened from hyper-sleep. Joining Embury on this new creative journey are now Dirk Verbeuren (Megadeth, Soilwork, Aborted, Tronos), Jacob Bannon (Converge, Wear Your Wounds, Umbra Vitae), and Jesper Liveröd (Nasum, Burst).

"DSM-5" is a twelve song conceptual album from Blood From the Soul. Lyrically the album is written from the perspectives of human beings as well as sentient machines. Metaphorically it explores the relationship between consciousness and physical/psychological deterioration amid a multitude of stresses. Reading as both dystopian science fiction as well as poignant editorial on the turbulent present and our uncertain future.

Verbeuren's razor-sharp percussion propels the musical vessel as Embury and Liveröd's walls of strings and ambience infectiously build with imposing power. Vocally the material is vicious as they come with Bannon at the helm. Engineer Russ Russell (Napalm Death, At The Gates, The Haunted) also created soundscapes for the epic slo-burn closer "DSM-5", while John Cooke and Tom Dring (Venomous Concept, Corrupt Moral Altar) contributed additional ominous noise to this final transmission.

Credits:
Shane Embury: Guitars, Bass, and Electronics
Dirk Verbeuren: Drums and Percussion
Jacob Bannon: Vocals, Lyrics, and Visuals
Jesper Liveröd: Bass

Additional Guitar by John Cooke
Saxophone by Tom Dring

Recorded, engineered, and mixed by Russ Russell at Parlour Studios
Drums recorded by Dirk Verbeuren at Die Crawling Studio, Los Angeles, CA
Vocals recorded and engineered by Kurt Ballou at God City Studios
Saxophone recording done at Vagrant Studios, Southport, UK
Additional vocal recording by Jacob Bannon
Mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege

All songs written by Blood from the Soul
except “DSM-5” written by Blood From the Soul and Russ Russell

Track Listing: 
01. Fang Tooth Claw
02. Ascend the Spine
03. Calcified Youth
04. Debris of Dreams
05. Dismantle the Titan
06. Encephalon Escape
07. Subtle Fragment
08. Terminal Youth
09. Sharpened Heart
10. Self Deletion
11. Lurch of Loss
12. DSM-5

=========================================================

Download only PO for now: https://deathwishinc.com/collections/blood-from-the-soul/products/blood-from-the-soul-dsm-5

Listen to "Debris of Dreams" now: https://open.spotify.com/album/0d6QVtXSDEovZ1mBiJUyTf?si=3dzYhKmCRfCy5CmOqADykg

• 1 month later...

• jhulud changed the title to PO Now: BLOOD FROM THE SOUL - DSM-5 (members of Napalm Death, Converge, Megadeth, Nasum)

/100 DW for me. I'm fine with it.

BTW, discogs has a few copies of the old album with Lou from Sick Of It All, I'm sure Live they won't play any of the songs, but they are still rad!
https://www.discogs.com/Blood-From-The-Soul-To-Spite-The-Gland-That-Breeds/release/1976606

Edited by roadmonkey

On 11/13/2020 at 9:30 AM, roadmonkey said:

/100 DW for me. I'm fine with it.

BTW, discogs has a few copies of the old album with Lou from Sick Of It All, I'm sure Live they won't play any of the songs, but they are still rad!
https://www.discogs.com/Blood-From-The-Soul-To-Spite-The-Gland-That-Breeds/release/1976606

This is killer, I need to track down a vinyl copy from the states.

First Press is just about gone. There are a few copies left in each the DW and JB stores.

A few notes:
We've had test presses for months, so we hope manufacturing will go faster than the estimated lead time.

The packaging is a deluxe quad gatefold, similar to "You Fail Me: Redux" however on a heavier High gloss stock.

Thanks everyone.

-J.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...