[PO Soon] August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker

Just saw the newsletter myself. Not digging the alternate artwork (the original is a classic and feels more true to the theme IMO), but glad to have another shot to pick this up and complete their early discography. I still hold some of the songs off this record in very high regard. Wondering if this will just be a repress of the mediocre RSD '14 pressing or if they'll be doing a whole new pressing via their recent collaborations with Unoriginal Vinyl. Guess we'll find out when they post it tomorrow, as they've been very vocal when the pressings are anything to brag about. But either way, I won't kid myself, I'm probably going to buy it.

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

A live version? like why lol 

"...the Thrill Seeker Live vinyl, which is a fully mixed and mastered recording of the live performance, AND the only way to have Jake and Dustin performing Thrill Seeker!"

🤷‍♂️

Edited by angryalan

Their other live album is pretty decent, and I'd be interested to hear Jake on it for sure.

Not going to bother buying either, I've realized over the years that ABR is a band that I love seeing live, but almost never listen to outside of that.  Ended up selling all but one or two ABR vinyl that I had.

Edited by daegor

Hmm... not sure how I feel about the live one. The annoying thing about this livestream trend is there's no way to hear a sample song for free and know what you're getting into. However, they did do Your Little Suburbia Is In Ruins, A Shot Below the Belt, and The Seventh Trumpet on their live album Home and they're fine performances but I'm not sure I'd ever need them on vinyl.

Side note: Solid State is currently running their Halloween vinyl special where they offer a catalog record for half price. I've got my eye on a few and was hoping this would line up so I could pick up Thrill Seeker and a half price record today with combined shipping, but today's offering appears to be a Phinehas album I have no interest in. Not sure if I should chance seeing if I can make this pressing of 1000 last til tomorrow on the off chance there's a record I want or if I should just buckle up for paying multiple rounds of exorbitant shipping.

Edited by rcafilm

1 hour ago, rcafilm said:

Looks like it's just a repress of the same '14 disc. 

Wrong

• 15 year anniversary vinyl
  • Printed inner sleeve and printed insert both included, featuring lyrics, tour dates, and an album retrospective.
  • Includes B-side 'Pride & Humility'
  • 1,000 units of this color variant

45 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Wrong

• 15 year anniversary vinyl
  • Printed inner sleeve and printed insert both included, featuring lyrics, tour dates, and an album retrospective.
  • Includes B-side 'Pride & Humility'
  • 1,000 units of this color variant

Aha! I missed that. Unfortunately that also means they're cramming 25 minutes onto side B....

• 4 weeks later...