[PO Soon] August Burns Red - Thrill Seeker

52 minutes ago, angryalan said:

I didn’t even see my shipping notification and it was in my mail today. The gold/black smash looks nice.

spacer.png

That looks great. It's very similar to this variant for TDWP's The Act:

https://www.discogs.com/The-Devil-Wears-Prada-The-Act/release/14410021

Mine came out looking exactly the same. I think I had purchased that variant for TDWP, but they sent the wrong one which was more of an orange/smokey appearance. Glad that happened so I don't have two records that look so similar.

As for the packing, nothing too crazy. A write up from JB on the recording process. Really shows how humble he is and basically admits that they all sucked. Lyric insert has a list of tour dates they did in support of this album and holy heck, that's a lot of dates.

The livestream was great, audio quality/video was top notch. Jake killed it on vocals, also had the original come out for one song.

They almost had everyone in the chat thinking they were about to play messengers all the way through at the end.

They have new merch up for another live stream on Dec 12 for their christmas show, no new vinyl.

27 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Would've died for a repress of Sleddin Hill. Don't know why I slept on that back in the day.

In the email announcing the Christmas Burns Red livestream/merch lineup, I was wondering if they'd have a new press.  Alas, just some shirts & things.  Some good goodies, nonetheless.  Had to put the grabs on a couple.  

As far as these streams go, they're so bittersweet.  I love participating in helping keep these bands afloat during the struggle.  Love seeing them, and hearing the music again.  But I get so sad that I'm sitting at home and not in a room full of people just like me, screaming lyrics, running around in a counter-clockwise circle, jumping to the beat of the china symbol on Back Burner.

If you can relate to that, I hope to be seeing you real soon.  "I need somebody to shove." - Soul Asylum

On 11/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, Billich0986 said:

I ordered the live vinyl, which came with a ticket. I figured "eh, why not?", since I was planning on getting a ticket anyway. After seeing that stream and hearing that audio quality, I have no regrets. Also, classy move bringing Josh in for a song. 

That's his second time coming back to indulge in the fun.  They also brought him back for the ABR 15 year anniversary show in Lancaster, I think two years ago, now.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY got this in today and was actually pleasantly surprised at how good the vast majority of it sounds. Pride & Humility sounds rough, as expected, but I didn't encounter as much IGD as anticipated otherwise. Pretty happy with this release. Also, I really like what these guys have done with the retrospective essays they've included in their represses. This one in particular was very interesting.

4 hours ago, rcafilm said:

FINALLY got this in today and was actually pleasantly surprised at how good the vast majority of it sounds. Pride & Humility sounds rough, as expected, but I didn't encounter as much IGD as anticipated otherwise. Pretty happy with this release. Also, I really like what these guys have done with the retrospective essays they've included in their represses. This one in particular was very interesting.

Which one you've got: splatter or black/gold smash?