Po soon? Bring Me The Horizon - post human : survival horror

gazzo

On 10/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, Derek™ said:

All the more reason for Wasda to keep reporting in.

You have people posting standard AC/DC records, and you are going to keep whining about this person posting variants and releases that people might actually be interested in? Weird man. When did this become 8Chan?

2 hours ago, qseft12 said:

You have people posting standard AC/DC records, and you are going to keep whining about this person posting variants and releases that people might actually be interested in? Weird man. When did this become 8Chan?

Preach. People can't help themselves from talking sht.

4 hours ago, qseft12 said:

Oh, AC/DC are shit as well.  Make no mistake about that.  Maybe just get better tastes, I don’t know what to tell you.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

Any other variants besides the grey looking one on their webstore?

Bullmoose has standard black.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/34838202/bring-me-the-horizon-post-human-survival-horror-black-vinyl

I was wondering if the webstore variant actually is black?   It doesn't state, and you can't really tell?

Also, gonna hold off listening to any of these songs until the release.  Please no Linkin Park...  Despite being an "old school" fan, I've refrained from complaining about the evolution & embraced the ride, and enjoyed most of it.  Amo more so than That's The Spirit.  Why not?  Bands that keep their sound the same, 50% of the fan base will complain, and bands who experiment with new sounds the other 50% will complain.  So who cares.  I just hope that musicians make something they themselves can enjoy so they can have fun playing live shows.  Makes the experience a lot better.  All of it.  I enjoyed the [although clearly radio friendly-vibes] unique direction of Amo, but trying to use a Linkin Park blueprint, come on, brothas.  How desperate are they to have that radio hit?  Keep coming up with your own sound, Horizon.  Ya'll were doing just fine.  Initial thoughts anyways.  As I stated, I haven't heard anything yet.

Also, please for the love of fucking all that is holy in the world don't start giving them $40 for EPs made from the cheapest vinyl possible. They didn't use recycled vinyl to benefit the environment they used it because its even cheaper than black vinyl. I'm seeing this pop up more and more, so stop it here when you can sacrifice a shitty band that doesn't matter.

On 10/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Jesus no one cares this band is trash now 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, Derek™ said:

Maybe just get better tastes

I've recently been dealing with this alot as both a musician and record collector. For the past few years, record collecting has really helped me discover some great new music, and sometimes from genres, that in the past, I wouldn't have necessarily tried. But then there's been this weird other thing thats happened: due to an artist being popular in the VC realm or a good review from melonhead on YouTube, i'd go spend the money on a new release or pre-order. And at first, i'd be into it. But then eventually I' forget about it. I think mainly because I grew up on the likes of Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, The Wonder Years, The All-American Rejects. Bands that were LOUD. And as a drummer, that was always something that clicked with me, listening to music that's loud and energetic.

So yea, every now and then, a good breakdown from a band like Bring Me The Horizon still gives me chills and gets the adrenaline going enough to go play music, get that hit of dopamine and be happy. Nothing wrong with that IMO. 

So I say, fuck em. Listen to what you want, buy what you want. Don't let this idea that the older you get the more "mature" you're music tastes have to be. I'll be a proud 50 year old in slip on vans listening to blink-182 (looking like a complete idiot) as long as it makes me happy. 

✌️

Edited by ethanpricington

20 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

I've recently been dealing with this alot as both a musician and record collector. For the past few years, record collecting has really helped me discover some great new music, and sometimes from genres, that in the past, I wouldn't have necessarily tried. But then there's been this weird other thing thats happened: due to an artist being popular in the VC realm or a good review from melonhead on YouTube, i'd go spend the money on a new release or pre-order. And at first, i'd be into it. But then eventually I' forget about it. I think mainly because I grew up on the likes of Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, The Wonder Years, The All-American Rejects. Bands that were LOUD. And as a drummer, that was always something that clicked with me, listening to music that's loud and energetic.

So yea, every now and then, a good breakdown from a band like Bring Me The Horizon still gives me chills and gets the adrenaline going enough to go play music, get that hit of dopamine and be happy. Nothing wrong with that IMO. 

So I say, fuck em. Listen to what you want, buy what you want. Don't let this idea that the older you get the more "mature" you're music tastes have to be. I'll be a proud 50 year old in slip on vans listening to blink-182 (looking like a complete idiot) as long as it makes me happy. 

✌️

You're a good dude with a great attitude, in this thread and many others.  I'm not looking to argue with you at all.  If anything, I think it's silly to forsake a band [or genre] you enjoy because Pitchfork or Fandango or whoever gives it a scathing review.  I have no respect for anyone who hinges their entire music taste on the flavor of the week, and I have nothing but respect for anyone who confidently knows what they like.  Especially if they're willing to discuss it with a passion.  I totally get the nostalgic itch.  And while I don't think bands like Circa Survive or Thrice are actively putting out music that I find appealing, I still have a lot of their older material, and I often wonder if I'll be in my late 40s, reaching for those off the shelf.  The idea is so foreign to me.  But for the time being, they scratch the itch and I see value in holding onto them even if I want nothing to do with modern artists replicating their style.  (A separate discussion, but there's just something about 2020 production and post-hardcore that does nothing for me.  Can't do it.  99% of the time, anyway.)  So yeah – listen to what you'd like.  Even if it goes against the grain.  If you enjoy it – and you're not just peddling Twitter links for labels – go for it.  But also be willing to accept that some bands are way past their prime.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

You're a good dude with a great attitude, in this thread and many others.  I'm not looking to argue with you at all.  If anything, I think it's silly to forsake a band [or genre] you enjoy because Pitchfork or Fandango or whoever gives it a scathing review.  I have no respect for anyone who hinges their entire music taste on the flavor of the week, and I have nothing but respect for anyone who confidently knows what they like.  Especially if they're willing to discuss it with a passion.  I totally get the nostalgic itch.  And while I don't think bands like Circa Survive or Thrice are actively putting out music that I find appealing, I still have a lot of their older material, and I often wonder if I'll be in my late 40s, reaching for those off the shelf.  The idea is so foreign to me.  But for the time being, they scratch the itch and I see value in holding onto them even if I want nothing to do with modern artists replicating their style.  (A separate discussion, but there's just something about 2020 production and post-hardcore that does nothing for me.  Can't do it.  99% of the time, anyway.)  So yeah – listen to what you'd like.  Even if it goes against the grain.  If you enjoy it – and you're not just peddling Twitter links for labels – go for it.  But also be willing to accept that some bands are way past their prime.

Very well put. And let me clarify, my point was being made for the right to LISTEN not necessarily buying a record. Because I will 100% agree with you there - that many times those “nostalgia grabs” are not worth, horrible quality and essentially a waste of money. Also thanks for the kind words ✌🏻