The Decemberists - Her Majesty and Castaways & Cutouts represses

ejc625

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

... can someone explain to me why this sold out so quickly? I know it was out of print, but it seems like there were a few on Discogs / elsewhere that were affordable.

I actually looked for both of these records a few months ago and couldn't find either for under $100. I was kicking myself for not buying them 10 years ago when they were $15 each. But now we have a repress, so I'm happy. 

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

I actually looked for both of these records a few months ago and couldn't find either for under $100. I was kicking myself for not buying them 10 years ago when they were $15 each. But now we have a repress, so I'm happy. 

Huh... yeah I was looking at them, I know of the band but can't say whether I know many of the songs and decided to not to buy. Seems the black is still readily available.

I would say maybe I'll look at my local store (Mad Platter) but COVID got them.... :(

10 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

... can someone explain to me why this sold out so quickly? I know it was out of print, but it seems like there were a few on Discogs / elsewhere that were affordable.

One of the biggest Indie Rock bands of the last 20 years represses their first two albums, that have been out of print for about 10 years each, on colored vinyl for the first time in more than 15 years.

Pretty cut and dry.

19 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

$.02 away from free shipping. Instead of letting that slide, $8.99. 😑

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mattbeatty said:

Got my Her Majesty, and it's beautiful. Sadly I somehow got Phish's Sigma Oasis instead of Castaways And Cutouts. Still waiting on customer service resolution.

They were definitely shipped from the same distribution center in Virginia (source: I ordered Her Majesty and Sigma Oasis and the tracking history was identical, just shipped a few days apart). Keep Sigma Oasis, it's really good!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...