MLB Discussion

Indians sign Damon. Should be about a week till he is ready to play.

Trumbo, Bourjos and Trout would be a scary sight. Bourjos is unreal in the field, puts Hunter to shame at his peak.

"Scary"? I'd take Texas, NYY, Detroit, MIA, Zona, Milwaukee, and Cincinatti's outfielders over this lineup. Probably take a team like Toronto, too. Bautista blows away any of these guys production at the plate and has a better arm than any of them.

Trout has to prove it at the next level before he scares anyone. Trumbo is a nice player but a .291 obp would put you in the minors if you didn't pair it with 30 HRs. There are players of Bourjos's skill level all over the league (Brett Gardner, Coco Crisp, Ben Revere, Austin Jackson). Maybe not as flashy, but they make at least 95% of the plays that Bourjos does.

I guess I should clarify I meant it a defensive level with Trumbo being the power bat of them. Bourjos is one of the best defensive outfielders in the league now, and the ground he covers is remarkable. Trout is also pretty damn good in the field as well, but we need to see where the power and speed go. If he lives up to his projections, then those two alone will make them one of the best OF.

Texas OF isnt so hot on the defense. Hamilton alone is projected to cause more than two losses over the year with him in center.

Im not sure if the Twins won that game or if the Angels lost it.

The Angels pen might be the worst in the league.

Get ready to lose today, Travis!

That was so bad today! Hopefully the rest of the series is more competitive.

Angels are off to a super slow start. Im not worried about them yet, its only like 6-7 games into the season, Im sure they'll come around soon enough. They REALLY need to get some help in that bullpen...they should swap a few of these guys they have up now with some guys they have in the minors....they couldnt be any worse.

Even the starting pitching hasnt been there and thats suppose to be a major strength of this team. Again, too early to panic though.

Oh I agree with you Travis. Way too early to panic. Everyone around here is freaking about the Sox having a wretched start, but 7 games doesnt really give you a good sample size.

The Angels really should trade Abreu to a contender for a RP though.

DiPoto has been trying to do this for months haha. Abreu is hitting like .333 this year so far in the few games he's played in so maybe if he keeps hitting a trade market for him will develop. I kinda doubt it though.

Id love to get rid of Abreu, even if it means just flat out releasing him and eating that $8-$9M owed to him this year and put Wells in Abreu's spot of being a bench player who gets the occasional start and just bring up Trout alreadyand start him in LF. It would be great to see him getting experience in the bigs already. He's as much of a "cant miss" prospect as you can get. Plus it would be fun to see him and Bourjos playing together in the OF....they are gonna cover a ridiculous amount of ground in the OF together.

Oh I agree with you Travis. Way too early to panic. Everyone around here is freaking about the Sox having a wretched start, but 7 games doesnt really give you a good sample size.

The Angels really should trade Abreu to a contender for a RP though.

DiPoto has been trying to do this for months haha. Abreu is hitting like .333 this year so far in the few games he's played in so maybe if he keeps hitting a trade market for him will develop. I kinda doubt it though.

Id love to get rid of Abreu, even if it means just flat out releasing him and eating that $8-$9M owed to him this year and put Wells in Abreu's spot of being a bench player who gets the occasional start and just bring up Trout alreadyand start him in LF. It would be great to see him getting experience in the bigs already. He's as much of a "cant miss" prospect as you can get. Plus it would be fun to see him and Bourjos playing together in the OF....they are gonna cover a ridiculous amount of ground in the OF together.

I'm not super into the whole baseball prospecting thing, but I vaguely remember a friend telling me their is a prospect rating that has only been used a couple times by Baseball America. Griffey Jr had it, A-Rod did, and Justin Upton did. This was before Upton was called up (he started the conversation), so maybe 2007?

Would be interested to see if guys like Trout, Harper, Heyward, and Strasburg got it. My guess would be that Strasburg did and the others didn't.