MLB Discussion

It's a torn labrum. He might be finished.

Is there any chance that he had this before he was traded? When does he claim it happened?

The Yankees are thinking it happened in his last rehab workout. He threw 15 pitches and complained of shoulder soreness. The Yanks have said they did two MRIs before this, and only saw tendonitis before so they dont think it was a damaged goods trade.

I read an interesting article regarding torn labrums, and they arent necassarily the death of a career like they used to be. It hasnt hitten the success that TJ has now, but Clemens and Schilling both had HOF careers after the surgery. On the flip side, Mulder had to retire early because of it and Prior never made it to the majors(still has a shot though). They are saying most reliable comparables to the injury that Pineda has is Anibel Sanchez and Valverde.

The Angels are too talented to play like this all year but its time to get their shit together now or they will be eliminated by the All Star break. I really think Scioscia is a major problem. Obviously he isnt causing Pujols to slump or Santana to give up 10 fucking HRs in 4 starts but he completely changes the line up every single game. Its a different goddamn team out there every day. Oh and the 2nd game against the Rays the other day there are 2 outs in the 9th and they are down by 1 with a runner on 1st and he fucking pinch hits Collaspo instead of Trumbo! Holy fuck! I was about to throw my goddamn TV at the wall. Oh and Collaspo got out of course. Trumbo is the Angels best offensive player by far so far this year. Good call Scioc!

There was this article about Pujols and how he actually has changed his approach dating back to midway through last year. They arent sure why he has (speculate declining wrist speed and power) but he has been swinging at 15-25% more balls than he ever has before in his career and laying off certain pitches he used to be able to turn into hits. Now Pujols did start very slow last year and turned it around (to his first sub .300 season ever) but it could be the signs of slow decay from best ever to simply great talent starting now.

I think more than anything Pujols is just too anxious to get big hits instead of waiting for his pitches. Ive noticed him chasing way more balls than he ever did before and he's missing those pitches or hitting weak ground balls. He needs to be taking those pitches and taking the walks they give him and wait for a pitch to drive. Thats what he's always been so great at and he's not doing it at all this year. He will come around, he's the least of my worries with this team right now. That bullpen is an absolute joke, they might be the worst in the league.

I believe the Sox still have the worst pen based off of ERA, blown leads and such. The Angels also need to get Bourjos hitting somehow, he is doing terrible at the plate.

Very true. He was starting to come around at the plate the second half of last year but now he's been getting benched a lot this year and they shuffle the OF/DH around every game. He needs consistent ABs and he isnt getting that right now.

I feel bad for the Sox if they have a worse pen than the Angels. The Angels starters have done pretty well minus Santana so far and they should have a lot more wins than they do. I think I heard Scott Downs has a 0.00 ERA but has let in 66% of inherited runners. Oof!

the biggest issue the sox pen faced during the first few weeks was that there was no identity. last year, it was pretty clear-cut... starter, aceves, bard, papelbon.

pap skips town, bard starts, your closer gets hurt, and now you have aceves closing, and there are two holes in the bullpen that need to be filled right there.

i think now that the dust is settling, they have a much better chance of getting their shit together- especially since theyve gotten the job done all week.

I wonder if this is a temporary thing. just to see what he does.

Brought him up because they wanted a lefthanded bat with Morse being out longer than expected and nwo Zimmerman is on the DL. They said it wasnt what they wanted to do as they would like him to get more AB in the minors, but the circumstances called for it. They were mum on whether he would go back down once Zimmerman was back though.

Whats everyone think of Delmon " I hate Jews" Young?

I saw that late last night - I really haven't been paying attention to the Angels' problems, but whether or not they can turn things around won't have any impact on my excitement for the Rangers/Angels series in a few weeks. It's going to be hard for Texas to win this series against Tampa...Harrison's performance was pretty disappointing last night.

Leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th was also a shame. Terrible base running on a wild pitch had Cruz (I think it was?) thrown out at home plate. Could have changed the game...probably not though!

I saw that late last night - I really haven't been paying attention to the Angels' problems, but whether or not they can turn things around won't have any impact on my excitement for the Rangers/Angels series in a few weeks. It's going to be hard for Texas to win this series against Tampa...Harrison's performance was pretty disappointing last night.

Leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th was also a shame. Terrible base running on a wild pitch had Cruz (I think it was?) thrown out at home plate. Could have changed the game...probably not though!

What makes it even worse is that Elvis does NOT hit home runs, yet he came THIS close to hitting a grand slam. My heart dropped. Cruz made an awful decision trying to take home. He would have been safe if he got a better jump, but he waited way too long.

As for Harrison...he's one of my favorite pitchers, but he he did awful last night. But everyone has an off night.

Can't wait for the Angels series. I'm going to the game on the 12th. There is nothing better than an Angels/Rangers series.

Dude, you are nitpicking. Texas is the best team in baseball. Failure is part of the game. Tigers just got swept be the fucking Mariners!

I know games must be lost. I'm much more accustomed to losses and disappointments from Texas than how they've been playing the past few years.

Allowing those four runs in the top of the first made all the difference in the game, and that was what was so frustrating. Looking forward to tonight's matchup between Colby Lewis and Neimann.

I know games must be lost. I'm much more accustomed to losses and disappointments from Texas than how they've been playing the past few years.

Allowing those four runs in the top of the first made all the difference in the game, and that was what was so frustrating. Looking forward to tonight's matchup between Colby Lewis and Neimann.

Take it from me, as a lifelong phillies fan. It hurts even more when the team starts playing poorly after they achieved greatness. This current season is killing me, I know they can play better but the losses are more painful than the 15 years of constant losing, cause the potential to win is there.

Take it from me, as a lifelong phillies fan. It hurts even more when the team starts playing poorly after they achieved greatness. This current season is killing me, I know they can play better but the losses are more painful than the 15 years of constant losing, cause the potential to win is there.

you sound like a patriots fan!

lehts go rehd sawxxx!!

1-0 victory tonight for their 6th straight shows that this pitching staff actually may have their shit together. aceves came in like a beast hurling FBs at 96/97, and even hitting 98 at one point. 2 K's and a tap back to the mound for his FIFTH save and the bosox are amazingly back to a .500 record, 2.5 games back.

its insane how meaningless a week of terrible baseball can seem after a week of fantastic baseball.

Travis got his wish, Abreu has been released and Trout called up! Angels say he will play everyday and all 3 OF spots. Most likely batting leadoff as well.

Yea he's been hitting leadoff the last 2 games and hasnt done much yet. Not nearly as impressive as Harpers debut this year. I dont think anyone's expecting Trout to come in and turn this whole team around right away but it will be good for him to be up in the bigs and get his ABs in. He was clearly too good to be in the minors so we'll see how he does. Im just glad he'll be up playing every day and getting the experience in. They seem to finally be playing Trumbo somewhere every day now too. Also nice to see the starting pitchers doing so well.

The offense really hasnt started to do anything yet. Trumbo and Hunter are the only ones hitting. Im sure the rest of the guys will start swinging the bats soon but that bull pen is an absolute joke. They need a lot of help there. A LOT!