MLB Discussion

I don't really want the Yanks to get screwed, I just want bad things to happen to A-rod. Not sure what would be worse -- being cut and having to sign a drastically lower contract somewhere else to keep the contract but have to sit in Yankee stadium making $25 million a year to ride the pine. He'd be vilified.

I used to be a huge Arod fan and was so thrilled when he sent a card back to me with his autographed. Sad to see the fall he has taken the past 4 years or so, but man, if anyone deserves it, it is him. What a fucking douchebag he has become. I hope Selig throws him out and bans him A la Pete Rose. That will humiliate him and set a great example.

i mean, that wont happen (him being banned), theres a long list of players who would also have to be banned along with him (clemens, canseco, mcguire, sosa, pettite, ect) so I cant imagine he'd get banned from the sport.

None of them were really caught while playing or when it became banned. Yeah they were heavily rumored, but the sport didnt care at that time. Now they are trying to clean up the mess that Selig let happen and if he wanted to show that he meant it, banning Arod would prove his point. I dont think he would do it in a minute, but then again Selig sucks. i wish Goodall was the comish, he would ban the fuck out of him.

None of them were really caught while playing or when it became banned. Yeah they were heavily rumored, but the sport didnt care at that time. Now they are trying to clean up the mess that Selig let happen and if he wanted to show that he meant it, banning Arod would prove his point. I dont think he would do it in a minute, but then again Selig sucks. i wish Goodall was the comish, he would ban the fuck out of him.

gotcha.  yeah, but gotta admit, goddall does look silly suspending the players, only to have them win the appeal on every suspension, and then being forced to remove himself from the entire process in the middle of it, for not being clear minded enough in the process. 

gotcha.  yeah, but gotta admit, goddall does look silly suspending the players, only to have them win the appeal on every suspension, and then being forced to remove himself from the entire process in the middle of it, for not being clear minded enough in the process. 

And for suspending the coaches but not the players. Either it happened or it didn't. How do you have a ruling that punishes one side but not the other.

I dont understand why they resigned him for more money when he opted out. He wouldnt have gotten near that from any other team.

This.

Also he contract won't be voided, as much as some people want it to be. The players union is the strongest in sports and there probably is no legal language in his contract that would void it on those grounds. What won't shock me is if the Yankees restructure his contract to defer money in order to buy his release. At this point they probably want out.

This.

Also he contract won't be voided, as much as some people want it to be. The players union is the strongest in sports and there probably is no legal language in his contract that would void it on those grounds. What won't shock me is if the Yankees restructure his contract to defer money in order to buy his release. At this point they probably want out.

it depends on how A-roids contract is worded.  we dont know, but the yankees could have put clauses in it concerning PED use as a potential trigger for an out.  but it doesnt matterright now, Yankees cannot do anything until Selig and MLB have addressed this issue, as the commish is the only one who can hand out punishment.  after thats done, the yankees can then address what to do with him and his contract.

"Insiders" are saying that there is no out for PEDs in his contract but that the Yankees are looking at every thing in his contract such as him contacting a doctor that is not sanctioned by the team and didnt get their ok, and that he broke the law purchasing controlled substances. Basically they are looking for ANY possible way out if it that the Union cant shut down.

Rodriguez May Not Return To Yankees
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [January 31 at 8:14am CST]

Alex Rodriguez’s Yankees career could be over. The third baseman is unlikely to play for the Yankees again, no matter what happens with allegations linking him to a supplier of performance enhancing drugs, Bill Madden, Christian Red and Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News report.

The hip surgery that Rodriguez is recovering from “will likely derail his playing career,” according to the Daily News reporters. This would force the 37-year-old into a diminished role and could lead him to consider retirement or a settlement. Even before this week’s news, Yankees officials had already begun preparing for the probability than Rodriguez would not finish the five years remaining on his contract.

Rodriguez could retire as a result of the injury if it's as serious as expected. This could allow the Yankees to be reimbursed for up to 85% of the $114MM remaining on his contract with insurance companies covering the bulk of the commitment. It’s also possible Rodriguez could return in a diminished role and decide to retire. Under this scenario the Yankees would discuss settlement options with him, the Daily News reports.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#xisOMvqLJeR7I808.99

what a scumbag (a-rod). watch him stick around for five years just so he can soak up the rest of his contract. also, his wikipedia already says "a former american third baseman"... haha!

i'm interested to see what happens to gonzalez. you'd think his dad would be a little more careful in choosing a steroid/PED clinic and avoid the one linked to manny, so i wonder what the facts really are.

Calling one; Braun.

probably not. at least not linked to miami. all of the players named so far have been dominican -- not that dominicans are the only ones who use PEDs, but because the demography of south florida (miami-dade county specifically) is 65% hispanic, i think most of the names we'll see will be of similar descent.

The reason I said Braun was not only his prior use, but it's not so much the players are Dominican; Carillo and Grandal are Latin (born in USA and Grandal in Cuba) but there is a huge link to the Univeristy of Miami, where Braun went.

Side story - My best buds mother knows the guy who screwed up the handling of Brauns urine sample.

there is a huge link to the Univeristy of Miami, where Braun went.

Side story - My best buds mother knows the guy who screwed up the handling of Brauns urine sample.

oh! didn't know he went there. then yeah, he's fucked. also, i TOTALLY forgot about that whole braun piss test thing. that really pissed me off at the time, too.

Ryan Braun

2003 - 2005

05-25-2007

Brian Barton (Loyola)

2003 - 2004

04-01-2008

Chris Perez

2004 - 2006

05-16-2008

Gaby Sanchez

2003 - 2004

09-17-2008

Cesar Carrillo 2004 - 2005 08-13-2009 Jon Jay 2004 - 2006 04-26-2010 Blake Tekotte 2006 - 2008 05-25-2011 Jemile Weeks 2006 - 2008 06-07-2011 Yasmani Grandal 2008 - 2010 06-02-2012

U of Miami grads since Braun in the MLB.  even more in the minors still.  any time PED use is brought up in MLB I am sure Braun will be rumored... guess we'll just have to wait and see who else gets ousted.  Why do i feel that Gaby Sanchez will come out as an abuser?

Arod is saying that he wont retire, and his injury isnt even all that serious. They have been saying for the past week that he would be back by the all star break, and only a small chance it could keep him out of the season.

I sure hope Braun is listed, and Im guessing that Ortiz will be on it. His career was going downhill for a year or so then he came back.