MLB Discussion

What is he doing? Giving up Peraza and Wood?

and JJ and Avilan (much less important obviously). Granted they get Olivera minus the $28 mil signing bonus. It's just a bit concerning considering Olivera has had so much injury stuff lingering over his head. I like the move in terms of value - it's essentially a crapshoot as to who puts up more value in the next five seasons - Wood or Olivera. Could go either way.

The Braves have enough young starting pitching depth and salary flexibility to more than fill in for Wood. It's just strange to me that they chose to move him rather than Teheran or one of the less established guys.

To #Brewers: Brett Phillips, Domingo Santana, Josh Hader, Adrian Houser.

Was glued to my phone at work last night.  I'm pretty stoked about that trade.  It's a deal where the Brewers are getting a ton of cost controlled year.  Phillips looks like a stud and will create an amazing prospect duo with Arcia.  Santana is a guy where if he can put things together can be a mid order impact bat.  He actually reminds me a bit of early career Nelson Cruz, hopefully he can put it all together earlier in his career.  Hader looks like at minimum a good bullpen arm and hopefully he continues to develop into more.

Was glued to my phone at work last night.  I'm pretty stoked about that trade.  It's a deal where the Brewers are getting a ton of cost controlled year.  Phillips looks like a stud and will create an amazing prospect duo with Arcia.  Santana is a guy where if he can put things together can be a mid order impact bat.  He actually reminds me a bit of early career Nelson Cruz, hopefully he can put it all together earlier in his career.  Hader looks like at minimum a good bullpen arm and hopefully he continues to develop into more.

all 21-22, too, and in AA and AAA.  wasnt hard to do, but Brewers Farm system cant be the worst anymore.

all 21-22, too, and in AA and AAA.  wasnt hard to do, but Brewers Farm system cant be the worst anymore.

Phillips is a stud. You guys got a great young player. I didn't want to give up so many prospects, but the reason we've been hoarding so many for the past few years is exactly so we can make moves like this one and the Kazmir trade when the time is right.