MLB Discussion

I used a student email last year to get the whole package for 84.99. Not sure what the student pricing will be this year yet, but it really is worth it. It works in the offseason so I have been enjoying baseball all year round.

I emailed asking about the veteran/student discount and was told that it is not being offered at this time and that it may or may not be offered this year. Sounds like it won't, unfortunately... That discount was great! I usually just let it renew in March, but maybe I'll cancel and wait until the first couple weeks of the season to see if the discount pops back up.

Here's the email:

"Dear Valued Fan,

In previous years we have offered discounts to students and veterans. Such discounts are not currently available. MLB.com may or may not offer such discounts for the upcoming season. Any updates regarding available discounts will be posted to our website, so be sure to keep checking back there!

Thank you for being a loyal fan!,

MLB.tv Support"

I emailed asking about the veteran/student discount and was told that it is not being offered at this time and that it may or may not be offered this year. Sounds like it won't, unfortunately... That discount was great! I usually just let it renew in March, but maybe I'll cancel and wait until the first couple weeks of the season to see if the discount pops back up.

Here's the email:

"Dear Valued Fan,

In previous years we have offered discounts to students and veterans. Such discounts are not currently available. MLB.com may or may not offer such discounts for the upcoming season. Any updates regarding available discounts will be posted to our website, so be sure to keep checking back there!

Thank you for being a loyal fan!,

MLB.tv Support"

They didnt offer it at the start last year, but rolled it out a few weeks later. I emailed them that I had a student email and they just gave me a refund for the 40 dollars or so. Hoping it happens like that again at least.

Just got the Baseball America 2016 prospect handbook. For the first time in awhile almost all of the top prospects are positional players. Makes me wonder if we are going to see a big offensive outburst over the next couple years. Anyone else as dorky as me and read this?

Really? Where do they have Giolito and Urias ranked?

The book lists each teams top 30 prospects.

Lucas Giolito is #1 overall for the Nationals

Julio Urias is #2 overall with the Dodgers with Corey Seager being #1

They don't do a top list of all prospects? I think with prospects lists they favor hitting over pitching because hitters are more likely to succeed. There's too many things that can go wrong with a pitcher that makes them go from can't miss to never getting the call.

Freddie Freeman seems to have his mojo back a little this spring. I really think he's due to have a breakout year in terms of power.

Didn't you say this about him last year? I think what we see with him is what we get. He starts hot and slowly regresses to his 20 ish homers and .280 average. Good but not great.