MLB Discussion

I've been to Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Brewers, and Reds stadiums and all are great. Dodgers is the most no-frills though. It's just a classic field with some food stands and a few retro-fitted add-on attractions/areas.

I liked Dodgers Stadium. Would like to make a trip out of going to all the west coast stadiums.

• 2 weeks later...

just for fun, let's see some 2016 playoff predictions. I'll go with

NL West: San Francisco (I'm a homer)

NL Central: Chicago Cubs

NL East: New York Mets

Wildcard 1: St. Louis Cardinals

Wildcard 2: Arizona Diamondbacks

AL West: Texas Rangers

AL Central: Cleveland Indians

AL East: Tampa Bay Rays

Wildcard 1: Houston Astros

Wildcard 2: Kansas City Royals

Those NL predictions look pretty spot on to me.

I still have high hopes for the Cardinals despite it being the "year of the Cubs."

it's a lot of pressure I could see the Cubs choke despite my prediction. The Cards really just lost Heyward and Lackey right? They have a great manager and always seem to get results from their secondary players more than any other club. I would not count them out this year

just for fun, let's see some 2016 playoff predictions. I'll go with

NL West: San Francisco (I'm a homer)

NL East: New York Mets

Wildcard 1: St. Louis Cardinals

AL West: Texas Rangers

AL Central: Cleveland Indians

AL East: Tampa Bay Rays

Wildcard 1: Houston Astros

Wildcard 2: Kansas City Royals

i'd guess you're 1/6 on division winners

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers (I cannot abide by the even year Giants hype)

NL East: Washington Nationals

Wildcard 1: Pittsburgh Pirates

AL West: Houston Astros (part being a homer, part not understanding what anyone sees in the Rangers)

AL Central: Kansas City Royals (after 2 WS trips I'm less skeptical than I used to be)

AL East: Blue Jays (toughest division to predict, so I've got to go with the best offense)

Wildcard 1: Detroit Tigers (too talented to be bad 2 years in a row)

Wildcard 2: Boston Red Sox

i'd guess you're 1/6 on division winners

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers (I cannot abide by the even year Giants hype)

NL East: Washington Nationals

Wildcard 1: Pittsburgh Pirates

AL West: Houston Astros (part being a homer, part not understanding what anyone sees in the Rangers)

AL Central: Kansas City Royals (after 2 WS trips I'm less skeptical than I used to be)

AL East: Blue Jays (toughest division to predict, so I've got to go with the best offense)

Wildcard 1: Detroit Tigers (too talented to be bad 2 years in a row)

Wildcard 2: Boston Red Sox

I think The Texas/Houston rivalry is going to be so great this year. I like Houston more, they are just still so young so it's hard to predict if they can do it again this year. I still have them in WC position. I think Texas has a scarier rotation (once Darvish returns) overall. They both have pretty good offenses. It's going to be tough. I think everyone besides the A's in the division could be a contender this year. I agree with the AL east being the hardest to predict I went with the Rays cause they have the best pitching but it could go to any team. I could see the Yankees making it happen, I think people are overstating the addition of Price to the Sox but they made some other beneficial moves, I love that Sandoval isn't in the starting lineup with a salary that huge, we sure dodged a bullet dumping that guy. Also fun fact your pitcher Scott Feldman went to school with me, he was a couple years older than me but he was close friends with my best friend's older brother growing up. We used to play soccer in the neighborhood together and such

it's a lot of pressure I could see the Cubs choke despite my prediction. The Cards really just lost Heyward and Lackey right? They have a great manager and always seem to get results from their secondary players more than any other club. I would not count them out this year

Yeah those were the only main losses. But Peralta is already injured for at least half the season and lance lynn is out with Tommy John. Got back Wainwright though and signed Leake though, so pitching shouldn't be a problem.  Just hoping all these young bats can stay decent for a full year, I'm looking at you grichuk, pham, and Piscotty.

Yeah those were the only main losses. But Peralta is already injured for at least half the season and lance lynn is out with Tommy John. Got back Wainwright though and signed Leake though, so pitching shouldn't be a problem.  Just hoping all these young bats can stay decent for a full year, I'm looking at you grichuk, pham, and Piscotty.

Leake is decent enough, not as great as Lackey but he will have a winning year most likely. If Wainwright stays healthy he is lights out. I really like Piscotty out of that bunch

There was an article recently looking at the perception that the Cardinals draft better than everyone and how that was patently false. I'll look for it to link.

I could see that being a subjective opinion, but you can't say it's "patently false".  Best team at drafting is just opinion unless you put some qualifying criteria behind it.  However I would find it hard to not put the Cardinals near the top.  Throw in the Astros, Cubs, Diamondbacks and a few other teams...

I could see that being a subjective opinion, but you can't say it's "patently false".  Best team at drafting is just opinion unless you put some qualifying criteria behind it.  However I would find it hard to not put the Cardinals near the top.  Throw in the Astros, Cubs, Diamondbacks and a few other teams...

I'm being liberal with my vocabulary for sure. (I'm writing a publication right now so it's hard). The assertion was basically that the Cardinals hit on top round draft picks at the same rate as many other teams. Doesn't speak to the development of lower round guys or organizational development as a whole.