MLB Discussion

Defensively Kotchman is much much much better.

he isnt that much better if any...teixiera has two gold gloves in his closet, 05 and 06...the dude is all around rad and a forsure upgrade like sammy goodcore said before

Ok ok...this is making me feel even better about the trade. I didnt realize Texeira was so good defensively.

he isnt that much better if any...teixiera has two gold gloves in his closet, 05 and 06...the dude is all around rad and a forsure upgrade like sammy goodcore said before

Ok ok...this is making me feel even better about the trade. I didnt realize Texeira was so good defensively.

It would be valid to call Teixiera the best first baseman in baseball. If not, he's certainly in the top 3 with Berkman and D Lee.

Guest conoley
Matt Stairs FTW

how old is matt stairs? I feel like he is 50 years old.

I'm not sure, but I bet he feels older, haha.

Game winning home run last night, though. I love him mostly because he's from where I live, but also because he's a total dude.

Wood has hit .134 in 97 MLB at-bats. Granted, it's a small sample size, but he only has 2 XBH and 33 K's.

Adenhart has an even smaller sample size, but 18 H, 12 ER and 13 BB in 12 IP isn't too stellar.

dont get me wrong, wood i am skeptical about, but Adenhart will be rad....iam just shocked the braves didnt want either since they are top prospects, thats all

Im not sold on either of them yet. Neither have had much experience as a pro but they havent done shit either. As soon as they brought up Arrendondo he dominated. He has been great. Even tho I think he gave up a HR on his first pitch. Since then he has been great. Wood and Adenhart are full of potential.....potential just means you havent done shit YET.

Gold Gloves are overrated -- it's most name recognition.

Both Kotchman and Teixeira are excellent fielding first basemen. However, Teixeira definitely has the edge. He has a better Range Factor (10.30 vs. 9.57) and a better Zone Rating (.947 vs. .879). Basically, Teixeira gets to a helluva lot more balls than Kotchman does.

Teixeira is a definite upgrade over Kotchman all the way around.

Gold Gloves are overrated -- it's most name recognition.

Both Kotchman and Teixeira are excellent fielding first basemen. However, Teixeira definitely has the edge. He has a better Range Factor (10.30 vs. 9.57) and a better Zone Rating (.947 vs. .879). Basically, Teixeira gets to a helluva lot more balls than Kotchman does.

Teixeira is a definite upgrade over Kotchman all the way around.

Im getting schooled today on Texeira. I didnt realize he was so good defensively. I knew he was great on offense. Im way stoked on this trade now. The Angels play so much better together than any other team...I hope this trade doest fuck with that. I dont think it will. Still shocked they didnt have to give up a big name prospect.

This is a steal for the Angels, but Texiera never has played in the playoffs. Not really the most clutch player, he played in one of the most friendly hitters parks ever in Texas. The big thing is look at his road numbers.

reallt doesnt matter how you look at it, hes an upgrade over kotchman

This is true but you do have to look at his road numbers. Texas is definitely a hitters park and the Angels have the best road record in baseball...they are better on the road then at home.

Its true, it does seem Teixiera does well at home but if he changes how teams pitch the Angel line-up that'll have an impact. Granted if he doesn't produce teams will start going after him. I just don't figure him to wilt.

Yea and he going to be in the middle of a much better line up.

Figgins

Izturis/Aybar

Guerrero

Texeira

Anderson

Hunter

Kendrick

Matthews

Mathis/Napoli

I figure the lineup to look something like that.

The bottom of the lineup can be changed around depending on who is DH-ing and whatnot. I think its pretty set up to Kendrick tho. when you have Hunter and Kendrick as your 6-7 hitters you got a solid lineup. I dont see anyone stopping the Halos this year.

reallt doesnt matter how you look at it, hes an upgrade over kotchman

This is true but you do have to look at his road numbers. Texas is definitely a hitters park and the Angels have the best road record in baseball...they are better on the road then at home.

he also hasnt played in texas for a year!...second half last year he put up good numbers in atalanta and solida numbers this first half

he also hasnt played in texas for a year!...second half last year he put up good numbers in atalanta and solida numbers this first half

Teixeira's Career OPS+

Home = 110

Away = 90

Take it for what it's worth.

supposedly the Dodgers want Wilson. they're now desperate for a SS. krib, how do you feel about Matt Kemp? :D

also i wouldn't trade bay. he's his own agent. he want's 10m a year. he wants to stay here. he's well worth it. lock him up long term and you can have cutch and McClouth out there for one great outfield. maybe one of the better ones in history.